Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Might be wrong here so correct me if I am,but I've searched through the official website and I can't find the statement put out on Christmas Eve saying they'd just run out of time to complete.

It was only ever on Twitter 

Edit: I mean the one saying they were aiming for it to be done before Christmas.

The follow up 'ran out of time' message was BBC RD / BBC Sport quoting club sources.

That's one reason certain people are able to live out their dreams of being a politician by claiming that the club haven't said anything / put a definitive timescale on it - if it wasn't an official club statement and it used the words hope or aim it doesn't count, even if it was blatantly obvious that back in November someone told Rooney that they expected it all to be complete on a matter of days.

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It was only ever on Twitter 

Edit: I mean the one saying they were aiming for it to be done before Christmas.

The follow up 'ran out of time' message was BBC RD / BBC Sport quoting club sources.

That's one reason certain people are able to live out their dreams of being a politician by claiming that the club haven't said anything / put a definitive timescale on it - if it wasn't an official club statement and it used the words hope or aim it doesn't count, even if it was blatantly obvious that back in November someone told Rooney that they expected it all to be complete on a matter of days.

It's no longer on the clubs Twitter feed. It's been pulled.

27 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

It’s off. And we all know it 

Maybe a bit premature. Will have to wait until official confirmation from the club. What is fairly apparent, we are a long way off the initial euphoria when the deal was announced, with some talking of a ManCity scale investment. Now appears more like the prospective owners could be scratching around for investment in order to pay Mr Morris his £60m. Otherwise they may have just got cold feet and aren't picking up the phone and ignoring emails. 

16 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

It takes the most optimistic of folk to not see the whole thing has been a shambles.

Everything poor John Percy has reported i would imagine would have been with the permission of Mel Morris and it's even dented the reputation of dear old John. 

He even tweeted something along the lines of "club aiming to complete takeover before Christmas" ..."PS I mean this Christmas before anyone asks". That tweet got me excited, but it turned out to be a complete load of guff.

Our club has had 101 things for oppostion fans and the media to beat us up over during the last couple of years and I honestly thought this takeover could be the turning point. But, regardless of whether it happens or not, the PR around the deal has been nothing short of farcical and, to quote Simon Jordan, "borderline amateurish".

30 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

still there if you follow the link in articles, though I can't find the copy this tweet code - if it had been deleted clicking a link to it would say content not available

The Twitter app wont let me scroll back all the way to 15th December when it was tweeted

Screenshot_20210105-212416.thumb.png.072095de3eb5b5a22e3e7b02cdf7f944.png

7 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Let's be honest, it's almost certainly off. 

Its always seemed iffy from the start, just would be interested to know who (if any?) have made money off this.

Moneys obviously not been forthcoming. 

Assuming it does fall through it seems pretty obvious to me that the only people that will make money out of this are the lawyers (if they get paid).

The thing I find puzzling are the doom merchants that seem to be trying to out do each other in converting the rest of us to accept that it has collapsed like some kind of door step evangelists instead of looking on with sad amusement at us for still holding out some hope. Maybe they're jostling for position in the "I told you so" battle. 

For me, I hope it still goes through but have ever increasing doubts. 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The thing I find puzzling are the doom merchants that seem to be trying to out do each other in converting the rest of us to accept that it has collapsed like some kind of door step evangelists instead of looking on with sad amusement at us for still holding out some hope. Maybe they're jostling for position in the "I told you so" battle. 

For me, I hope it still goes through but have ever increasing doubts. 

Quite - I am takeover agnostic, I know nothing of what is going on like pretty much everyone else here but booklet that hasn't stopped some people asserting the status of the deal with, as you said, some sort of evangelical certainty.

It's quite a depressing thread, those doomsayers are not the sort of people you should surround yourself with.

22 minutes ago, Coconut said:

still there if you follow the link in articles, though I can't find the copy this tweet code - if it had been deleted clicking a link to it would say content not available

The Twitter app wont let me scroll back all the way to 15th December when it was tweeted

Screenshot_20210105-212416.thumb.png.072095de3eb5b5a22e3e7b02cdf7f944.png

Yep, it’s still there and you can scroll back on the web rather than the app.  Also on the Twitter part of the DCFC App.

Archived