Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m really scratching my head over this.  The players on paper are much better than they’re showing.  I haven’t once criticised Cocu - he’s been dealt the toughest hand of any manager I can remember, and keeps having challenges thrown at him - but you have to question the selection and the way we’ve set up.  Even with the injuries / issues we’ve had, we should be creating a lot more than this, and we need to carry a lot more threat.  We’re really poor and even if we look better in patches, we’re not showing enough or getting the results to take the pressure off the manager.

Pathetic, utterly pathetic. Once they scored the game was over. We offered absolutely nothing from that point onwards. The whole squad looked to be putting 50% effort in if that - no energy, no urgency to try to find an equaliser, and no creativity whatsoever, which has been the story of Cocu’s time in charge. We just seem to have no idea what to do when we get into the final third, almost like they’re not even being coached - set piece deliveries a fine example. Only one way you’re going when you can’t find the back of the net, and that’s Accrington away next season. Yet another piss poor result. Think that’s now 9 defeats in 11?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

FT Huddersfield 1-0 Derby.

A decent first half performance, in my book. A really disappointing second half. Lost all energy and ability to press. 

Set pieces were as bad as I can remember seeing in football, to be completely frank. Both Bird and Lawrence have put good set pieces in in the past - but it was pants today. 

See you on Friday folks! Have a good week.

Remember, its just football!

Summed it up perfectly. 

Not bad first half but bit toothless. Looked clueless after conceding. 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Friday’s game has got to be the lowest the 2 teams have ever been when they played each other surely..? 
rubbish tonight. 
we miss Rooney so much It isn’t even funny.... and I will throw this out there... Dwayne Holmes is rubbish.  

We should count our lucky stars that one team started on -12 and one was the 8th best team in league 1 last year. Otherwise we'd both be fighting from the relegation zone

I can see nothing other than a sacking.  Being a manager is a results business, if your playing well and people can see green shoots then your usually safe.

however, Cocu isn’t getting results, The football Cocu is playing is crap, cocus sides aren’t scoring goals. Trouble 

We looked pretty good till we conceded, then the confidence went.

Great to have Lawrence back, him and Jozwiak created alot of space with good movement.

Knight is just great.

Bird was awful tonight, all round awful.

Chances were better than the "one shot on target" suggests, I'd be interested in seeing the xG as it cant have been far off level.

Archived