Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

With a few more players hopefully fit, it’s time for a revolution in formation and style. Let’s get our best players out there and go at them:

Marshall

Byrne Te Weirik Clarke Buchanan

Shinnie

Knight Sibley

Lawrence Rooney Jozwiak

I suspect curtis has done enough to keep his spot. How to properly integrate MtW is a challenge.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I suspect curtis has done enough to keep his spot. How to properly integrate MtW is a challenge.

Maybe, not sure about him in a two though. Think we have to give MTW a chance to show what he can do. Surely to god he’s better than Evans, or the recruitment team have made another massive rick

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

At the minute with how this season is going Curtis is in with a shout of player of the year! We’ve been absolutely awful but he’s been decent so far.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Tactical genius as I am, I think the back 3 should include Bielik, so he can step up into midfield. We can elide gracefully between 3 centre backs and 2.

Oops forgot about him.

MTW Bielik Clarke?

Marshall

MTW Davies Clarke

Byrne Bird Knight Buchanan

Lawrence Rooney Jozwiak

3 at the back isn’t bad in isolation, just needs a slightly better midfield balance. Bird and Knight hopefully gives us the ability to keep the ball, move it forwards and progress it.

Lawrence and Jozwiak buzzing around off Rooney

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perfect.

Sort of.

If you think about it we have half of our first choice team out for one reason and another. Luckily we fans are a sensible lot and take that into account rather than making rash judgements. 

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Marshall

Byrne.   Wisdom.   Clarke  Buchanan

Shinnie.     Knight

Joswiak.     Rooney.    Lawrence

Kazim-Richards

Why drop Davies, defence has looked better with him there, don’t think Cocu will drop the three at the back, especially away from home?!

A tweak here and there and a bit more of a license to be express from the gaffer and were not far off 

Stick with the shape , it will work with a few changes in personnel. 

Marshall

Wisdom. Davies. Clarke

Byrne.   Knight. Rooney   Buchanan

Whittaker.       Jozwiak

Lawrence

Allow the front three to interchange , Lawrence can hold the ball up , not necessarily as a big lump would but by dropping deeper ( i.e his ball to Rooney v Watford ) . 

Whittaker looked lively against Norwich when he came on . 

Get Rooney along side Knight , some more creativity centrally and let Knight be his legs .

Think Evans looks clumsy without the ball defensively , granted done ok with it but Wisdom is more suited as a whole to the right centre back role . 

Archived