Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

28 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Friday’s game has got to be the lowest the 2 teams have ever been when they played each other surely..? 
rubbish tonight. 
we miss Rooney so much It isn’t even funny.... and I will throw this out there... Dwayne Holmes is rubbish.  

Kinell. We must be ?

we were much better without him in the first half imo.

(can’t really comment on the 2nd as I think I missed quite a lot of it)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully understandable that people want to point the finger at management and I get it, but how many players can walk off that pitch tonight and say that they put everything into that? Buchanan? Clarke? Davies?

A lot of players are expecting others to put in the hard yards and it’s not good enough, watching Huddersfield battle and organise themselves whilst ours play act  like schoolboys.

I don’t blame Cocu, in my opinion it’s the players who aren’t willing to stand up and be counted 

Derby v Forest games are notorious for ending jobs, mainly on the red side in recent times, but I think a bad result for us on Friday and it's time. I'm considering anything less than a win a bad result at this point. If a Derby manager can't get his players fired up for that game then he's in the wrong job.

If it comes to that then please, for the love of God, don't give the job to Rooney... I've seen potatoes with more personality. There's a better scouser out there (Paul Cook) who had his team (who weren't anything special on paper) up at the top of the form table in the second half of last season... and he already knows Marshall and Byrne.

Just now, JAT said:

Stick Wassall in until end of Season. Then go with Rooney. 

You've no idea how much I don't want Rooney to be manager. It was bad enough with Lampard who at least had been coaching and had some chops for the job and a brilliant media persona. I just don't feel it off Rooney and I couldn't bare the media BS that'd come with it.

I wouldn't mind Wassall as caretaker, I don't think he deserved half the greif he got last time, will know very well the younger players.

Can’t understand people wanting Rooney has the next manager. He’s done nothing in terms of coaching, we need an experienced manager to hit the ground running! We need a motivator someone like Paul cook. Cocu just stands there with his arms folded all game, he’s too laid back!  Just worries me we can’t afford anyone so Morris will ride it out with Cocu

3 minutes ago, JAT said:

There were no signs that Frank could. But he had us playing better football than what we’re seeing now. 

That tends to happen when you have Prem quality loanees within your squad. Brewster and Gallagher did the same for Swansea last season. Give Cocu a midfielder like Mount and I'm pretty sure we'd be a lot higher in the table than we are now.

1 minute ago, JAT said:

There were no signs that Frank could. But he had us playing better football than what we’re seeing now. 

He had us putting it in some very good performances - he had us putting in some woeful performances and it felt like we were gonna concede every time a cross came in. 

Regardless Rooney isn’t Lampard...

Joe McLaren recruitment ???? but his dad is Steve that’s okay then ?

Rooney, give him time off to be England unicef manager ??? No he plays for Derby ?

Rooney 14 Day isolation, unbelievable! ?
On tonight’s performance it is questionable what they do in training 

He’s running out of time to turn it around.

We started well but faded badly after halftime, When you don’t carry much goal threat you have problems.

Theres still players to come in who could change things but Cocu may not get the chance to use them.

I want him to succeed but it looks like it’s slipping away.

4 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

We will not see the best of our forward players until we start to play with bravery and attacking football. Yes be solid but also attack.

The wingers having to stay in shape and defend and wait to get the ball played to feet to attack.

cocu has to go. This team will not gel nor win games until that man and his tactic board is gone 

what forward players ??? The club has itself to blame .... perhaps its a new idea that we don;t need proper forwards who know how to get the ball in the net. One journeyman, who hasn't played for ages, never scored prolifically ( but who can do a jaunty interview) is not going to cut it.

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Derby v Forest games are notorious for ending jobs, mainly on the red side in recent times, but I think a bad result for us on Friday and it's time. I'm considering anything less than a win a bad result at this point. If a Derby manager can't get his players fired up for that game then he's in the wrong job.

If it comes to that then please, for the love of God, don't give the job to Rooney... I've seen potatoes with more personality. There's a better scouser out there (Paul Cook) who had his team (who weren't anything special on paper) up at the top of the form table in the second half of last season... and he already knows Marshall and Byrne.

This is what I fear though. Cocu loves his tactics. The players know there jobs send them out there with a rocket up there arse and let them know what it means.

my worry is he doesn’t inspire and will set us up to take a point 

3 minutes ago, RAMSINCE1969 said:

Joe McLaren recruitment ???? but his dad is Steve that’s okay then ?

Rooney, give him time off to be England unicef manager ??? No he plays for Derby ?

Rooney 14 Day isolation, unbelievable! ?
On tonight’s performance it is questionable what they do in training 

After today, some sort of Rugby training the amount we put it into touch

Archived