Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

Good 1st half, not sure what happened at half time. Shame thought they were poor and where there for the taking. Worried about Friday, but who knows, it’s a funny old game. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the worst thing that happened for us was the win at Norwich.

Cocu now seems to think 7 defensive players every game is a good idea.

Never really been one to call for a managers head but I'm bored out of my brains watching us and results are poor.

I'd feel bad if he got sacked before Bielik and Ibe were in the picture. 

I’m really torn. I’m a believer in building the club from the bottom up and a long term plan. I have been Cocu in but have had not problem with the criticism of the team as it’s been fair in the main. For me it’s the manner of defeats and some of the individual performances are concerning. It’s getting to the point where it doesn’t really matter whether the fans are Cocu in or out but do the players still believe in his vision, project, philosophy whatever you want to call it. That can be incredibly difficult to turn around and I’m not sure if that’s one of his strengths. Sometimes things don’t work out for whatever reason and this guy just doesn’t seem to be able to cut a break.

4 minutes ago, tinman said:

a better performance again, especially given the circumstances with having to make a late change to the game plan. 

I don't get the Bird bashing tonight. He played well bar the set pieces, much more progressive with his passing.

We'll play worse than that and win. 

Me too, I thought Bird played well tonight (Maybe take him off set peices for a bit though) that through ball was quality and should have led to us opening the scoring. 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Friday’s game has got to be the lowest the 2 teams have ever been when they played each other surely..? 
rubbish tonight. 
we miss Rooney so much It isn’t even funny.... and I will throw this out there... Dwayne Holmes is rubbish.  

He is rubbish

he doesn’t score , he can’t thread a pass , he’s energetic and mobile but so is 85% of the championship midfielders 

he should only ever be impact sub 

we’re in a mess ... a right sodding mess 

if we stay up this year I’ll be happy 

the worst thing we could do is sack cocu and appoint Rooney 

But truth be told I’m not confident in cocu either 

what a mess 

This will be a great job for whoever takes over from Cocu if/when he is booted or walks ..

We know we have some cracking players and the whole squad is underachieving with this manager.

There will be managers out there rubbing their hands together for the opportunity thats for certain.

Max Bird is not first team yet nowhere near good enough Wisdom is slow and cumbersome Davis can’t pass to save his life Jozwiak hardly got involved Lawrence did what he always does flatters to deceive Knight energy in the first half but faded badly second half Shinnie is just crap so many bad passes today Buchanan like Bird is not first team material yet Clarke played ok probably our best player .... and all picked by a manager we should be calling Cocu the most uncharismatic Clown in the league bereft of ideas and unable to change tactics and adapt .... I get teams lose matches fair enough but this I’ve watched the last three matches and I’ve also watched paint dry I know which one I’d pay to see again (we only won against Norwich because of a free kick)

I see no positive outlook and no silver lining we are in a terrible hole and there is no ladder to help us out  

Yeah, tonight was really poor.

The start of the season’s been a perfect storm. Injuries, no bloody strikers, fitness levels poor, pandemic nonsense.

Fed up of these performances and making excuses for them though, Max Bird was ridiculously poor and the team don’t seem to know how to...attack? There’s no out ball or passing around the box or overlapping or balls into the box.

Still have faith this can be turned around.

Considered thoughts 

Marshall - fine

bryne - decent but please shoot

wisdom - decent 

Davies - very good 

Clarke - average 

Buchanan - played well 

Shinnie - we fell apart when he went off 

bird  - ok first half set pieces were appalling 

Knight - excellent but chasing shadows when Shinnie went off 

jozwiak - promising at times and needs to find that pass 

Lawrence - looked ok 

subs 

holmes - gives us little apart from losing possession 

waghorn - at least he is back and needs to play and take the set pieces because he is the best available 

Richards - looks a decent late sub 

Huddersfield- were very poor and we didn’t deserve to lose again and our set pieces were dreadful - yes Rooney would have put them in the right place ( penalty area ) 

shinnie does tend to be the fall guy frequently and we were considerably worse once he was replaced by Holmes who can’t tackle and passes poorly frequently 

23 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Dunno. Not in charge of recruitment is he? Hardly been handed the gift of 3 players of obviously better than Championship quality though that the last manager got given. We all know we've got no dollar available and therefore would be shopping in the bargain bin, yet we appointed a manager with no experience of managing in the English lower leagues.

It is his job to get more out of them, yes and that is why he isn't immune from criticism because although not awash with quality, we must surely expect better than to be 4th bottom (3rd bottom by rights).

He’s not in charge of recruitment ?

so the manager doesn’t get the final decision on who he signs from the offerings of the recruitment team ?

new one on me that 

Archived