Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Couldn’t agree more!

That’s capture my sentiments completely, I’m simply lost for words. 
Not one for calling for a managers head but play like that on Friday and it’s a bye bye PC from me ???

Agree it’s time. But do not want Rooney as manager. He ain’t qualified, and hasn’t done anything so far  to support Cocu on his supposedly coaching role. Fresh start, perhaps Wassal?

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

I’m really torn. I’m a believer in building the club from the bottom up and a long term plan. I have been Cocu in but have had not problem with the criticism of the team as it’s been fair in the main. For me it’s the manner of defeats and some of the individual performances are concerning. It’s getting to the point where it doesn’t really matter whether the fans are Cocu in or out but do the players still believe in his vision, project, philosophy whatever you want to call it. That can be incredibly difficult to turn around and I’m not sure if that’s one of his strengths. Sometimes things don’t work out for whatever reason and this guy just doesn’t seem to be able to cut a break.

Losing is very hard to shack off and as soon as we went behind there was no way we were going to score twice,i see his vision but i have said on many a post its no good playing tippy tappy football with zero end product,i am know torn between giving Cocu 6 more games to try and change our fortunes around or cut our loses now before we become relegation fodder 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Bird tonight has been unrecognisable from the player at the end of last season. Set pieces concerning and just looked to completely lack any sort of confidence. 

This exactly.  Yet he played well first half and started a lot of our creative moves. The passing and flow was great to watch, even though the end product was lacking. 

But confidence is so low, once we are chasing the game, it all falls apart.

I have watched Bird take inch-perfect corners and free kicks again and again and again for the academy teams. It's really hard to bring through young talent when we're struggling so much.

I thought we lacked a focal point to get on the end of our nice passing moves first half, we then bring two on in the second half when our creative play has dried up (Buchanan, Lawrence off and Bird further back to compensate for Shinnie.) Would have loved to see either Waghorn or Kazim-Richards  given a start, if Cocu isn't prepared to try JHI (though goodness knows why as he scored shedloads last season on the end of attacking play from Bird and Knight.)

Holmes doesn't look after the ball well enough for me at the moment and we don't play the way that suits his style.

The balance of the side is not right, we start with too many midfielders and end with too many forwards, sacrificing the midfield to chase the game. 

I hope one of the forwards is fit enough for a start against Forest because we really can't keep getting the basic set up of the team wrong like this.

Just now, TexasRam said:

Good 1st half, not sure what happened at half time. Shame thought they were poor and where there for the taking. Worried about Friday, but who knows, it’s a funny old game. 

They scored and then brought on an extra defender, went defensive, and played for the one nil and tried to hit on the counter attack. 

Meanwhile, our main attacking threat had to go off after an hour because he's been out injured for 3 months and was knackered. 

Don’t care what anyone thinks at this point. As far as I am concerned, I am behind the manager and Mel until Feb. This isn’t a great time but I am a supporter and that means getting behind the whole group. We haven’t collapsed in to rubbish. There are some positive signs, we have some good players. By all accounts we more or less held our own. I just can’t do with this sack the manager foaming at the mouth cos we lost 0-1 away from home and are in a bit of a trough. 

steel ourselves, develope some determination, get the chainsaw as out and go again on Friday as a team 

We will not see the best of our forward players until we start to play with bravery and attacking football. Yes be solid but also attack.

The wingers having to stay in shape and defend and wait to get the ball played to feet to attack.

cocu has to go. This team will not gel nor win games until that man and his tactic board is gone 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Don’t care what anyone thinks at this point. As far as I am concerned, I am behind the manager and Mel until Feb. This isn’t a great time but I am a supporter and that means getting behind the whole group. We haven’t collapsed in to rubbish. There are some positive signs, we have some good players. By all accounts we more or less held our own. I just can’t do with this sack the manager foaming at the mouth cos we lost 0-1 away from home and are in a bit of a trough. 

steel ourselves, develope some determination, get the chainsaw as out and go again on Friday as a team 

We will be relegated by then 

Just now, jono said:

steel ouseves, developer some determination, get the chainsaw as out and go again on Friday as a team 

its not a trough,its the san andreas fault jono!

1 minute ago, jono said:

steel ouseves, developer some determination, get the chainsaw as out and go again on Friday as a team 

There weren’t any positive signs tonight. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

What on Earth have you seen to think that Rooney could take us forwards as a manager? ?

There were no signs that Frank could. But he had us playing better football than what we’re seeing now. 

Archived