Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

On 27/08/2020 at 12:05, ThePrisoner said:

Bielsa still hasn't signed his new contract however. Very strange. Too busy allegedly and the club are scheduling time for him to do it. Is it really that difficult?!

Oh yes it is with El loco (the mad one). He has history, I think at Roma he left before season started at Lille he got them to buy lots of players rebuild training ground it all went pear shaped and was sacked within a few months. At Marseille he ducksd off very early on in his second season when it started to go wrong. Good coach but a mad one.

He has achieved a miracle, to get that Leeds team to win the league by 10 points. 
Incredible.

from game 1 they were unrecognisable. 

they face a big test but if Sheffield United can do well, then Leeds can survive too.

i hate them as much as anyone, but I can’t help admire what the mad bugger has achieved.

55 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He has achieved a miracle, to get that Leeds team to win the league by 10 points. 
Incredible.

from game 1 they were unrecognisable. 

they face a big test but if Sheffield United can do well, then Leeds can survive too.

i hate them as much as anyone, but I can’t help admire what the mad bugger has achieved.

They amount they were spending is always overlooked. In 18/19, they had a wage bill of £41.4m, which almost certainly increased further in 19/20. Despite making a profit on sales in the 18/19, they still made a loss of £22.4m, which would have remained at a similar level in 19/20 due to selling players. In fact, I think over the past two seasons, Leeds have spent more on wages than any other club in the Championship - even more than those in receipt of parachute payments!

Good luck to them.

Of course it’d be wonderful to see them crash and burn and get whipped every week.

But realistically they could follow the same trajectory as Wolves and Sheffield United in recent years, especially if their major signings settle and adapt well to English football.

The bottom half of the Premier League is very poor.

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Imagine if the team to break our record was them.

One can dream.

I was just thinking similar... If we could put it up for auction... How much would we donate to charity, as individuals,  if Leeds were to come straight back down with 10 points or less?

I'll start the bidding at a nice round £1k

#Letuspay  ?

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I saw a bloke in Home Bargain in Derby yesterday with a Leeds Utd mask on. A fully grown man too. I mouthed something beginning with ‘w’ at him from behind my mask. Made me feel better. 

think I saw him at Sainsbury's on Osmaston Park Road at about lunchtime today! Please tell me there aren't more than one of them!

3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I saw a bloke in Home Bargain in Derby yesterday with a Leeds Utd mask on. A fully grown man too. I mouthed something beginning with ‘w’ at him from behind my mask. Made me feel better. 

Tbf I would be more ashamed about being in Home Bargains than wearing a Leeds mask.