Leeds United Premier League Adventures

David

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

5 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Shipping seven goals in two matches (including three at home to a fellow promoted team) doesn't bode well for the future......hopefully. The first priority for a promoted team is to have as tight a defence as possible, so that hasn't started well for them. ?

If nothing else they are making some good progress towards one of our records - just need to concede another 83 to take it from us!

This is quite funny but this paragraph annoyed me, we refused to let it go? Letting it go might have been more likely if they hadn't made a special song for the occasion, and given us a  load of binoculars first.

Despite no actual rule being broken, Leeds were fined £200,000 and Derby refused to let it go, celebrating with ‘bincoulars’ when they beat Leeds in the play-off final in the 18/19 season.

https://motleedsnews.com/fans-view/wow-is-this-for-real-pathetic-many-leeds-fans-react-as-plans-of-pl-rivals-reported

Capture2.PNG

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

don't give us that bugger as well- it's Swindon 

It's only Swindon if they're playing a 42 game season again. We hold the record for the current incarnation of a 38 game season.

It's a good thing really - I don't see the Red dogs name anywhere on the Premier Leagues record list. Our name is plastered all over them multiple times. We could even extend one of our records (most Prem games without a win) if we ever get promoted again.

26 minutes ago, GenBr said:

It's only Swindon if they're playing a 42 game season again. We hold the record for the current incarnation of a 38 game season.

It's a good thing really - I don't see the Red dogs name anywhere on the Premier Leagues record list. Our name is plastered all over them multiple times. We could even extend one of our records (most Prem games without a win) if we ever get promoted again.

They haven't spent much time there to be fair.  When I looked I was pleasantly surprised most defeats in a row - not us, most home defeats not us etc . A  few others as well. i assumed we would have the lot.

31 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Forest have finished last more than any other team I believe. So they’ve got that record. 

24 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Refusing to let it go. Sounds more like Leeds. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

This is quite funny but this paragraph annoyed me, we refused to let it go? Letting it go might have been more likely if they hadn't made a special song for the occasion, and given us a  load of binoculars first.

Despite no actual rule being broken, Leeds were fined £200,000 and Derby refused to let it go, celebrating with ‘bincoulars’ when they beat Leeds in the play-off final in the 18/19 season.

https://motleedsnews.com/fans-view/wow-is-this-for-real-pathetic-many-leeds-fans-react-as-plans-of-pl-rivals-reported

Capture2.PNG

image.png.3fc14403c13f8cdd6f8421391cb10cda.png

image.png.1b44f22cd91f8181b18e01ddfc4830bc.png

image.thumb.png.62be7d7ce74ba66a363f70ba274ed918.png

We just can't let it go

31 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Forest have finished last more than any other team I believe. So they’ve got that record. 

Joint with Sunderland, but they were the first team to ever get relegated from the Prem as well i believe.

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They haven't spent much time there to be fair.  When I looked I was pleasantly surprised most defeats in a row - not us, most home defeats not us etc . A  few others as well. i assumed we would have the lot.

Huddersfield took a couple of records from us a couple of years ago as well. Slowly being chipped away at, but i don't anyone will ever set as many in the same season. I am however ever the optimist and live in hope that Sunderland will one day return to claim their rightful title.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Joint with Sunderland, but they were the first team to ever get relegated from the Prem as well i believe.

Huddersfield took a couple of records from us a couple of years ago as well. Slowly being chipped away at, but i don't anyone will ever set as many in the same season. I am however ever the optimist and live in hope that Sunderland will one day return to claim their rightful title.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see a team ever beating our points total for that season. Any club that gets ten points or less in a Premier League season would have to be an utter, utter shambles. I live in hope though.

40 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Of the records that's always annoyed me most is the 6-0 fa cup one. Probably because unlike the crapness we showed in 2007 it wasn't our fault but still gets trotted out- we had a goalie with a  broken arm and no subs back then  -what do you do.  I didn't even get any pleasure from Watfords six nil defeat as they grimly held out for the last minutes 15 minutes . Stones became as a big a bamford as bamford when he missed that open goal from a couple of yards in the last minute.

41 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see a team ever beating our points total for that season. Any club that gets ten points or less in a Premier League season would have to be an utter, utter shambles. I live in hope though.

I honestly thought Villa had it in 2015. Duck me they were woeful getting spannered worse than us, Won two all season i think and one was the first match. Then somehow they got 8 points from 5 games in jan/ feb before more annoyingly picking up 1 point from about 15 games.

11 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I honestly thought Villa had it in 2015. Duck me they were woeful getting spannered worse than us, Won two all season i think and one was the first match. Then somehow they got 8 points from 5 games in jan/ feb before more annoyingly picking up 1 point from about 15 games.

The most annoying thing for me is that there have been a couple of teams since that looked likely, but then they usually bring in some survival expert like Allardyce, Warnock or Pearson who just manages to pick up enough points in the second half of the season to dash our hopes.

I keep my hopes up every year as long as it is mathematically possible. The problem is that you only need 4 wins to beat the record, so we need a team that are catastrophically run from top to bottom that somehow managed to fluke their way up through the playoffs to stand any chance I think.

26 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The most annoying thing for me is that there have been a couple of teams since that looked likely, but then they usually bring in some survival expert like Allardyce, Warnock or Pearson who just manages to pick up enough points in the second half of the season to dash our hopes.

I keep my hopes up every year as long as it is mathematically possible. The problem is that you only need 4 wins to beat the record, so we need a team that are catastrophically run from top to bottom that somehow managed to fluke their way up through the playoffs to stand any chance I think.

Spot on. Even the worst teams can manage two or three wins in a season, even if it's against the relegation fodder that they're battling with at the bottom of the table. Add in a few scrappy draws and hey presto, our record is safe for another season. I can't imagine how bad a team would have to be not to be able to manage it.

I’ve never wanted a team to be relegated more.
I don’t understand the Bielsa love-in, I don’t understand how Philips got an England call-up, and I don’t understand why everyone rates them so highly! 
They’ve started this season on fire like the last two and with the condensed season I’m sure they’ll fade away like the last two as well!