Live football thread.

Rev

I like City, they’re a small club who have the backing to compete consistently. It’s no wonder why fans of the ‘big clubs’ detest them so much, because they upset the apple cart. 

Disappointed about the result tonight, but hopefully they can continue to improve come back stronger next season. 

33 minutes ago, JfR said:

Pep Guardiola has never managed to take Man City further in the Champions League than David Moyes managed to take Man Utd in his one season in charge there

Maybe they should aim to get knocked out in the group stages next year and just go for the Europa league. At least it’s something European. 

One of the biggest things for me was the way the Lyon keeper dominated. Punched when he should but when it really mattered he claimed the ball and took all the pressure off. Proper goalkeeping that was. 

On 15/08/2020 at 22:55, Ambitious said:

I like City, they’re a small club who have the backing to compete consistently. It’s no wonder why fans of the ‘big clubs’ detest them so much, because they upset the apple cart. 

Disappointed about the result tonight, but hopefully they can continue to improve come back stronger next season. 

I wouldn't call City a small club.

You couldn't call them smaller than Chelsea for instance.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What did he say?

Had him on loan at West Brom and basically said he wasn’t good enough for West Brom and wouldn’t make it. 

" Serge has come here to play games but he just hasn't been for me, at the moment, at that level to play the games.

He's come from academy football and not played much league football -- does academy football really prepare players for league football? And we're talking about Premier League football here.”

Wow!!!

Bayern are some side, they really are. So well drilled, so hard-working and bucket-loads of talent, I absolutely love the way they go about their work. Lyon could have nicked a goal early on and made a game of it but Bayern scored four legitimate goals and could have had two or three more. I really admire the fact that Lyon gave it a real go and they too must surely have won many new fans, but this was ultimately another dominant Bayern performance.

As for the final, what a mouth-watering prospect for us neutrals. Perhaps the brilliance of Mbappe can swing it for the PSG but I can't oppose Bayern given their current form. Ruthlessly efficient AND a joy to watch and a club seemingly devoid of the murky goings-on of Real and Barca and the limitless cash coffers of PSG and Citeh, they really are a breath of fresh air.

42 minutes ago, JfR said:

So we're all backing Bayern in the final, right?

Luckily in the inner glory supporter in me can point to my grandad being from Munich and being a Bayern season ticket holder when he was younger as a valid reason to back them, but also the fact that I just really dislike PSG and their oil money being horrible gives it a good reasoning.