Live football thread.

Rev

7 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I hate all English clubs equally. Love Derby of course, would be cool for Mason Mount to win the Champions League but never understand the patriotism / rooting for the English clubs. 

It's not that I hate the clubs being in europe it's just they have watered down the European competitions so much that I might not even watch the 2nd legs or finals. Cannot recall the last time I sat through a group stage match. I imagine some of these clubs own fans feel the same or will do so eventually.

Edited by TimRam

13 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I hate all English clubs equally. Love Derby of course, would be cool for Mason Mount to win the Champions League but never understand the patriotism / rooting for the English clubs. 

It is hard to quantify, but I think it has something to do with showing that the English leagues have the best football, and that reflects well on all teams in England. 

25 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It is hard to quantify, but I think it has something to do with showing that the English leagues have the best football, and that reflects well on all teams in England. 

Maybe it is the best football although the title race has been generally dull recently in England compared to other leagues. I think the top clubs are evenly matched across Europe to be honest, England maybe has more elite teams

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Just got back home from my first actual live game of football for 18 months...and It was brilliant.! Brilliant brilliant. Roll on next season. 

Awesome! What match did you go to?

I keep thinking about the last match I went to, like most people on here I guess it was the home win against Blackburn when Sibley scored a screamer on his debut. I had a lot of optimism after that game. The next match I get to, Derby will ceftainly not be in the good position I'd hoped for ?

Manchester United’s match with Liverpool delayed on safety grounds after fans broke into Old Trafford and stormed the pitch to protest against the Glazer family.

About 200 supporters got into the stadium and the scheduled 4.30pm kick-off has been pushed back.

Concerns that the COVID ‘bubble’ has been breached and both teams were delayed getting to the ground due to the thousands outside the ground…..

Any other club involved and the EFL would throw the book at then - guess Utd will be given a stiff ticking off…..

29 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Manchester United’s match with Liverpool delayed on safety grounds after fans broke into Old Trafford and stormed the pitch to protest against the Glazer family.

About 200 supporters got into the stadium and the scheduled 4.30pm kick-off has been pushed back.

Concerns that the COVID ‘bubble’ has been breached and both teams were delayed getting to the ground due to the thousands outside the ground…..

Any other club involved and the EFL would throw the book at then - guess Utd will be given a stiff ticking off…..

Not sure it's any of the EFLs' business

We clearly don’t know exactly what’s gone on/going off at old Trafford today. Fair play to the protestation, I for one thank them fir their efforts. The greed of the “Big 6” has been taken by the scruff of the neck and rightly so. 

However the actions of the few idiots have completely undermined the stance and the raw feelings of the many. 

I get the impression there is another issue inside the ground, how can the security staff be certain that all invaders have actually left the premises, safety of players and staff is paramount!

IMHO the demonstration has been completely derailed by the morons seeking to cause havoc ???

12 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

We clearly don’t know exactly what’s gone on/going off at old Trafford today. Fair play to the protestation, I for one thank them fir their efforts. The greed of the “Big 6” has been taken by the scruff of the neck and rightly so. 

However the actions of the few idiots have completely undermined the stance and the raw feelings of the many. 

I get the impression there is another issue inside the ground, how can the security staff be certain that all invaders have actually left the premises, safety of players and staff is paramount!

IMHO the demonstration has been completely derailed by the morons seeking to cause havoc ???

Unfortunately if there is one thing that has become totally predictable in recent times it is that organised, peaceful, well intentioned protest rarely stays that way for long

1 minute ago, chezzyram said:

Unfortunately if there is one thing that has become totally predictable in recent times it is that organised, peaceful, well intentioned protest rarely stays that way for long

I agree but why ? anyone who turns up with a flare is intending on a non peaceful protest,  anyone committing a criminal offence by breaking into the stadium is not intending on a peaceful protest. 

Hopefully plenty of CCTv and anyone identified not behaving peacefully will never attend a football game again. 

There are ways to do things but violent or criminal behaviour isn't one of them.