Live football thread.

Rev

53 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We had the best 3 players in the league and still couldnt get promoted.....

and he did that well for Chelsea that he got sacked, the legend, Chelsea hero, captain, top goalscorer, sacked inside 18 months because he was doign a rubbish job, as soon as he got any money he spunked it all and did nothing at all. Tuchal has the same squad and has just got to the champions league final and beat the best team in the country twice already... thats a real maanager.

Okay, so we can agree he might not be quite good enough for a top 4, champions league final club, yet, tuschal has him trumped on that one. But maybe, just maybe, he’s good enough did a championship top 6 club.

I’d have him back. Plus, he’s got more experience now than when we first had him. I’d just worry that the mount and tomorrow ship has sailed. What other gems are there in the Chelsea academy to unearth. 

PS I see Cardiff got promoted with the help of Wilson’s goals. Oh wait, no they didn’t. 

1 hour ago, Coneheadjohn said:

carson starts for Citeh.

Blimey.... shame he couldn’t really make the headlines and save that pen. Fair play to Pep, reward for making the tea and numbers up. Harsh, but it almost makes you think others forgot their boots. Good on him though, hope he doesn’t make any rickets second half.

What a cracking game to watch. Man City all that possession, Newcastle just doing smash and grabs, pretty riveting for a neutral with nothing at stake; really enjoyed that. Didn’t see a Torres hat trick coming for sure! 

Edit btw Carson didn’t do anything wrong, even saved a pen, shame he couldn’t get near the follow up.

Edited by Zag zig

13 hours ago, Zag zig said:

What a cracking game to watch. Man City all that possession, Newcastle just doing smash and grabs, pretty riveting for a neutral with nothing at stake; really enjoyed that. Didn’t see a Torres hat trick coming for sure! 

Edit btw Carson didn’t do anything wrong, even saved a pen, shame he couldn’t get near the follow up.

It was a great watch.

On 15/05/2021 at 15:17, rynny said:

I thought the opposite. He looked like an old man that hadn't played football for 2 years. Slow reactions, no athleticism and no spring in his dives. 

Harsh but true. However City seem very keen on keeping him so apart from boosting the "English" numbers in the Euro squads he must be doing something very right.