Live football thread.

Rev

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep but once a real manager got hold of him (and the rest of the team) he transformed them 

So the implication is Lampard is not a real manager or the current manager has transformed Mount? Not sure on either. Mount was always going to be a top player. He has been progressing over the last couple of seasons. The whole Chelsea team doing well and Mount is flourishing at the moment. He was at Derby too. 

53 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

So the implication is Lampard is not a real manager or the current manager has transformed Mount? Not sure on either. Mount was always going to be a top player. He has been progressing over the last couple of seasons. The whole Chelsea team doing well and Mount is flourishing at the moment. He was at Derby too. 

Yes exactly the implication. Lampard is a joke manager and the new one has transformed the whole team. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Yes exactly the implication. Lampard is a joke manager and the new one has transformed the whole team. 

Wouldn't call him a "joke manager" at all. I for one would happily welcome him back to Derby next season. He did well here and he did well at Chelsea. 

To make the most of my nowtv day pass I watched palace vs Sheff utd, certainly not a classic. I actually drifted off for a while 2nd half ?

Eze is a very good player and a joy to watch when he's in full flow though. Interesting to note that Millwall released him as a teen and he was snapped up by QPR who ended up selling him on for £20m after a couple of good seasons in the champ. Hope some of the youngsters we've picked up for free kick on that way 

43 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

Aguero just fluffed his "panenka" penalty. Thank god Waghorn didn't have any such stupid idea today!!

Waggy can show Aguero how it’s done no messing ?

On 07/05/2021 at 10:01, Jubbs said:

Wouldn't call him a "joke manager" at all. I for one would happily welcome him back to Derby next season. He did well here and he did well at Chelsea. 

he did well here? no he didnt..

he did well at Chelsea...? give me strength, see how well they are doing now he has gone with the same team.

Tactically a fool, jellied eel eating barrow boy... I would rather have @Angry Ram in charge, a real cockney that boy!

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

he did well here? no he didnt..

he did well at Chelsea...? give me strength, see how well they are doing now he has gone with the same team.

Tactically a fool, jellied eel eating barrow boy... I would rather have @Angry Ram in charge, a real cockney that boy!

Of course he did well here. You need to look at it the other way rather than "the 3 loanees carried him, he was a rubbish manager" maybe look at it like, "woah he did well to get this team 6th and to a play off final" as evidently, in the last 2 seasons, the squad is not good enough and nowhere near how good people thought we were.

What do you mean he didn't do well with Chelsea???? He got them 4th, under a transfer embargo, having sold their best player. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

At last City have won it....4 on the bounce, cant see any reason whey they wont win 10 in a row.

Bloody hope not. And anyway the oil money will run out soon once we all drive electric cars! 

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Of course he did well here. You need to look at it the other way rather than "the 3 loanees carried him, he was a rubbish manager" maybe look at it like, "woah he did well to get this team 6th and to a play off final" as evidently, in the last 2 seasons, the squad is not good enough and nowhere near how good people thought we were.

What do you mean he didn't do well with Chelsea???? He got them 4th, under a transfer embargo, having sold their best player. 

We had the best 3 players in the league and still couldnt get promoted.....

and he did that well for Chelsea that he got sacked, the legend, Chelsea hero, captain, top goalscorer, sacked inside 18 months because he was doign a rubbish job, as soon as he got any money he spunked it all and did nothing at all. Tuchal has the same squad and has just got to the champions league final and beat the best team in the country twice already... thats a real maanager.

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We had the best 3 players in the league and still couldnt get promoted.....

and he did that well for Chelsea that he got sacked, the legend, Chelsea hero, captain, top goalscorer, sacked inside 18 months because he was doign a rubbish job, as soon as he got any money he spunked it all and did nothing at all. Tuchal has the same squad and has just got to the champions league final and beat the best team in the country twice already... thats a real maanager.

I'm clearly not going to convince you otherwise but whatever. Clearly you aren't aware fully of the madman that is Abramovich. They weren't exactly doing terribly and the sacking was to do with disagreements with the clubs transfer policy and falling out with Marina, rather than results.

I for one would welcome Frank back as it's certainly the most fun season we've had since 13/14, it was entertaining football.