Live football thread.

Rev

20 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I agree but why ? anyone who turns up with a flare is intending on a non peaceful protest,  anyone committing a criminal offence by breaking into the stadium is not intending on a peaceful protest. 

Hopefully plenty of CCTv and anyone identified not behaving peacefully will never attend a football game again. 

There are ways to do things but violent or criminal behaviour isn't one of them.

How do you know who it is that has the flare? Who do they 'favour'?

Better than sitting back and letting them think they've got away with things. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know who it is that has the flare? Who do they 'favour'?

Better than sitting back and letting them think they've got away with things. 

I don’t think it will make an impact, they are obviously locals and therefore unlikely to be season ticket holders

Just now, Spanish said:

I don’t think it will make an impact, they are obviously locals and therefore unlikely to be season ticket holders

?

I think as it led to Red Nev and Carra being allowed a substantial and informative rant against the Big 6 and the security of English football, it was fairly impactful.

Nothing will move the Glaziers other than losing money. A good way to do that is to ensure the failure of the ESL and/or any such incarnation in the future.

22 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

Singing chanting out side would not effect the glaziers,  the green and yellow brigade has no effect to date.  This today will effect loss of money, fines and cost of damages. This will make the board sit up and think 

The problem is, boycotting games won’t really reflect them, as they make the vast majority of their money from kids in China buying shirts, and they really don’t care about a few mancs having a moan. 

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The problem is, boycotting games won’t really reflect them, as they make the vast majority of their money from kids in China buying shirts, and they really don’t care about a few mancs having a moan. 

Yes true, few moaning mancs will mot, but a disruptive protest works.... look back under the 3amigos, RPG I believe it was called got the results 

3 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

No issue with a peaceful protest but being unable to fulfill a fixture because of the actions of your fans should result in the match being awarded to liverpool. 

Ha ha ha yeah, I agree, actually no, give them the title, they deserve It. 

On 02/05/2021 at 18:18, MrPlinkett said:

I agree but why ? anyone who turns up with a flare is intending on a non peaceful protest,  anyone committing a criminal offence by breaking into the stadium is not intending on a peaceful protest. 

Hopefully plenty of CCTv and anyone identified not behaving peacefully will never attend a football game again. 

There are ways to do things but violent or criminal behaviour isn't one of them.

Terrible take.

I'll accept that anyone being genuinely violent (e.g. attacking stewards) was a Bamford. But you're saying those who took or flare or got into the ground deserve to be banned from attending football games forever? Give me strength.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

38 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Terrible take.

I'll accept that anyone being genuinely violent (e.g. attacking stewards) was a Bamford. But you're saying those who took or flare or got into the ground deserve to be banned from attending football games forever? Give me strength.

It's a difficult one to judge. I agree with you that most probably set out with good intentions, got carried away in the heat of the situation and are guilty of little more than trespass. On the other hand these sort of protests can provide a vehicle and cover for a minority of opportunists who's agenda isn't peaceful and they inevitably become the focus of attention. 

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Terrible take.

Ok it's your opinion. I don't agree,  letting off flares in a public place is dangerous and illegal its already possible to be banned, a prison sentence is possible from doing so.

I Dont condone illegal acts which are dangerous, if you do that's your choice.