Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

@RoyMac5 says he is ok at heading - but that is probably his weakness?

Yes but I want my centre half to be better than 'okay'. Okay is alright for a CDM.

But anyway I can't see anyone wanting him more than we do, so he'll be cheap back up.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yes he’s cover but he’s decent cover.
Not sure what he’s supposed to do about a ball played in behind him. I expect if we swapped Clarke and Evans for Brentford’s first goal, he would be then be criticised for not covering.  He worked his nuts off on two occasions to get back and cover v Forest. He put the ball back across for martin’s goal. He had a good double block v Preston. He doesn’t have the pace of tomori, the physique of wisdom, and ironically - @RoyMac5 says he is ok at heading - but that is probably his weakness?

We agree he is cover. As is Wisdom. I think we will start with Te Weirik and Beilik. Bogle first choice RB. Fizzy and Lowe LB. Sell/release/jettison Malone then we just need GK 2 wingers and a CF.

58 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Accept offers for anyone other than Bird, Sibley or Lowe. 

Strengthen GK, CB, RW and CF. 

If we sell Bogle, cover at FB. 

Sorry, I'd keep Knight too. 

He's got something about him. 

I'm not saying the rest are poor, they're just replaceable for the right price. 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Sorry, I'd keep Knight too. 

He's got something about him. 

I'm not saying the rest are poor, they're just replaceable for the right price. 

Not sure what Lowe does that makes him unsellable...underwhelmed myself

Looking at the sides in trouble at the bottom of the table are there any players we'd think about? Always think you can get a relative bargain from those teams

Karlan Grant at Huddersfield looks useful - As does Mounie (more obviously) but will be on a fat PL pay check I would imagine

Might be unpopular but I'd take Assombalonga from Boro if they go down

Can't see anyone who'd be interesting from Hull, Charlton, Luton, Barnsley or Birmingham and I don't see Stoke going down

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Looking at the sides in trouble at the bottom of the table are there any players we'd think about? Always think you can get a relative bargain from those teams

Karlan Grant at Huddersfield looks useful - As does Mounie (more obviously) but will be on a fat PL pay check I would imagine

Can't see anyone who'd be interesting from Hull, Charlton, Luton, Barnsley or Birmingham and I don't see Stoke going down

Birmingham it would be that Crowley, Dan Crowley I think it is. Cracking player 

8 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Birmingham it would be that Crowley, Dan Crowley I think it is. Cracking player 

He does look good, but would be backup for Sibley (IMO) and not sure he'd move for backup football? Plus we might need to pay a decent fee for him

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Others I'd look into are:

Barnsley - Jacob Brown (RW)
Charlton - Dillon Phillips (GK), Naby Sarr (CB), Taylor (CF)
Birmingham - Harlee Dean (CB)
Boro - Ashley Fletcher (CF)

I tell you what about our crop of youngsters I wouldn't sell any for less than 15 million. Bellingham to dortmund for 21 million and hes no better. I've watched him few times and I don't see all the hype. Bird and sibley and knight id want 15 a player easy 

22 hours ago, RamNut said:

Why? He has been a flop at stoke.

So we write off players because they’ve been a flop somewhere else?! Seth Johnson was a flop at Leeds......I thought he did ok in his second spell at Derby. 

I just think at 27 he’s still got a lot to offer....and worth a punt. Just an opinion.

Archived