The Lockdown “Bizarre Purchases” thread

Mostyn6

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I suppose this is neither a lockdown purchase or that particularly bizarre but wasn't sure where else to put it. Took delivery today and I'm well chuffed with it. Think it will look good when planted up and in the garden and the missus approves, surprisingly. 

20210608_134524.thumb.jpg.0285d10b11031103292e95f07e055f2b.jpg

Where did you get it? 

18 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not sure if it counts as weird purchase but since lockdown I have been indulging in book purchases. Bought lovely folio copies of war and peace, On Liberty, and On Representative Government even if it did add up to £100 totally worth it. 

Everybody should read On Liberty.

Certainly funded Bezos's billions.  To name a few.......

Badminton net

Teak Oil

Hair / Beard Trimmer

Kettle Bells

Phone wireless chargers

Nail Varnish / Girls Socks / Gel Toe Separators (none of this was for me I might add!)

Various fidget toys (kids' stupid faddy must haves)

12" vinyl record storage boxes (to better store my old records rediscovered after re-boarding the loft)

Weather station

Toothbrush holder (bargain from Amazon warehouse)

Paper Shredder (also a bargain from Amazon warehouse)

• 1 year later...
On 08/06/2021 at 13:57, Steve How Hard? said:

I suppose this is neither a lockdown purchase or that particularly bizarre but wasn't sure where else to put it. Took delivery today and I'm well chuffed with it. Think it will look good when planted up and in the garden and the missus approves, surprisingly. 

20210608_134524.thumb.jpg.0285d10b11031103292e95f07e055f2b.jpg

Bought a couple of these during lockdown and was very happy with them. However after a year in the garden they were looking a tad tired so I've given them a makeover and although I usually hate the beauty of wood being painted over, I'm actually delighted with how they've come back to life.

20220828_172421.jpg.c4a97362f133db91a30200fcb8effdca.jpg