The Lockdown “Bizarre Purchases” thread

Mostyn6

58 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I have got some Elderflower Champagne on the go at the moment. You don’t need all the equipment either, if you like that kind of stuff. Got a recipe off the internet.

No one likes that kind of stuff.

It's paint stripper, with added flavour.

You might convince yourself it's ok, much like I do with my culinary attempts despite missing half the ingredients, but don't be fooled.

Everyone who tastes it will say it's lovely, while slinging it into the nearest bush when you're not watching.

Eventually you'll start googling what sudden disease has killed half your garden, while pride stops you pointing at the endless glasses of semi sparkling murky poo you've convinced yourself is a decent substitute for Moet, Chapel Down or even Lambrini.

Lockdown will end, yet every time you ring friends up their first question will be 'Do you have anymore of that delicious Champagne you brewed?'.

Answer in the affirmative, and they'll say sorry, the Beebs showing my favourite Mrs Brown's Boys tonight, and my Sky Q box is playing up.

Use it to clean Birdshit off your car, or to clean the patio, and save yourself a circle of friends and a lifetime of indigestion.

On 09/06/2020 at 11:03, Van Wolfie said:

On the subject of bread makers, this was a non-lockdown purchase of about 4 years ago, which Mrs Wolfie thought was bizarre and I did wonder how much I would actually use it.

In the end, I make about 3 normal white/wholemeal mix loaves a week. Bloody lovely bread & much more healthy than shop-bought, with less than a quarter of the sugar and salt in those.

Also pizza dough (for the daddy & daughter pizza making sessions) and speciality breads. I made a sun-dried tomato and parmesan loaf last weekend to go with an italian meal I was making and it was soooo good.

It’s on its maiden run. Got a 1kg basic loaf on the go. Flour everywhere!!! 

New in, a table top standing desk for £150.

The present Mrs Devil has been signed off with sciatica for two weeks after 3 months of nothing but Zoom meetings from 7.30 till 5pm!

Seems odd to be signed off when you're stuck at home regardless!

2 minutes ago, Van De Squid said:

You don't need to tell me that. I wanted 'The Finger Inn' but wasn't appropriate apparently. Something to do with the kids asking the question.

A finger is a spirit measure kids.

One finger or two?

38 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

New in, a table top standing desk for £150.

The present Mrs Devil has been signed off with sciatica for two weeks after 3 months of nothing but Zoom meetings from 7.30 till 5pm!

Seems odd to be signed off when you're stuck at home regardless!

There's a lot of it about.  Muckerette's also suffering from it.  She's spending most days sat at her sewing machine now, as opposed to previoulsy walking to work then being on her feet all day (Shop assistant).

Anyway... enough about my household... what can you tell us about the future Mrs Devil?  ?

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

There's a lot of it about.  Muckerette's also suffering from it.  She's spending most days sat at her sewing machine now, as opposed to previoulsy walking to work then being on her feet all day (Shop assistant).

Anyway... enough about my household... what can you tell us about the future Mrs Devil?  ?

Yes I'd imagine back problems are pretty common in homeworkers. 

My missus would normally set of for work at 7.15, get herself sorted at work, nip for coffee and breakfast with her colleagues, then spend the day shuffling between meetings, working at her desk, crossing the office to talk etc, now it's 8 hrs + of sitting at the same desk.

As for your query, it's easier to imagine a future Mr Dragon than Mrs Devil!

1 hour ago, Van De Squid said:

You don't need to tell me that. I wanted 'The Finger Inn' but wasn't appropriate apparently. Something to do with the kids asking the question.

My mate has built a brilliant bar in his back yard, i suggested calling it Staying Inn. He has. 

• 1 month later...