The Lockdown “Bizarre Purchases” thread

Mostyn6

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yesterday, I took delivery of the following; some Japanese chef knives, some bamboo chopping boards, a foot roller massager, a led floor lamp, a singlet wrestling unitard (bright pink) and a bread maker! 

i need help. 

I can't help but wonder...

How do knives used by Japanese chefs differ from those used by other nationalities?
How often do you have the need to chop Bamboo?
How much does an LED floor cost?
Will you be sleeping with the bread maker, or does he have his own room?

The pink unitard however, comes as absolutely no surprise whatsoever, it has to be said!

?

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

It’s for comedy Butlins 80s weekender value, I’d post a pic but yeah, it doesn’t leave much to the imagination, so perhaps best not to! ?

Aaaah, we normally go to them but I normally only do Human League or Space Invader T-Shirt & glow sticks. You're obviously a seasoned pro!

On the subject of bread makers, this was a non-lockdown purchase of about 4 years ago, which Mrs Wolfie thought was bizarre and I did wonder how much I would actually use it.

In the end, I make about 3 normal white/wholemeal mix loaves a week. Bloody lovely bread & much more healthy than shop-bought, with less than a quarter of the sugar and salt in those.

Also pizza dough (for the daddy & daughter pizza making sessions) and speciality breads. I made a sun-dried tomato and parmesan loaf last weekend to go with an italian meal I was making and it was soooo good.

53 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

On the subject of bread makers, this was a non-lockdown purchase of about 4 years ago, which Mrs Wolfie thought was bizarre and I did wonder how much I would actually use it.

In the end, I make about 3 normal white/wholemeal mix loaves a week. Bloody lovely bread & much more healthy than shop-bought, with less than a quarter of the sugar and salt in those.

Also pizza dough (for the daddy & daughter pizza making sessions) and speciality breads. I made a sun-dried tomato and parmesan loaf last weekend to go with an italian meal I was making and it was soooo good.

I hope I master it. Bakery is something i struggle with, I am too much of a guesstimater. Baking is an exact science, I don’t dig those rules! 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I hope I master it. Bakery is something i struggle with, I am too much of a guesstimater. Baking is an exact science, I don’t dig those rules! 

Try making naan. That's real bucket bakery - loads of fun and extremely forgiving - same with pizza dough. 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Laptop stand. 

set up right next to my now largely empty desk. 

E28B9C32-D29C-404B-A7C4-7473D713CE9F.jpeg

Your effects pedals need better organisation. At least show willing by putting them parallel to each other! I am finding it a bit distressing!

Would be curious as to your home recording software and hardware set up though. I have an old 4-track in the garage still which might need some upgrading! 

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Your effects pedals need better organisation. At least show willing by putting them parallel to each other! I am finding it a bit distressing!

Would be curious as to your home recording software and hardware set up though. I have an old 4-track in the garage still which might need some upgrading! 

Pedals?!? Its the cable management thats killing me ?

6 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Fear not. Those pedals are the ones I took out and are not currently being used.

The software is Ableton Live - the reason computers were invented.

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Pedals?!? Its the cable management thats killing me ?

And yet, I'm finding that flamingo pink lamp rather calming.