The Lockdown “Bizarre Purchases” thread

Mostyn6

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Disposable gloves and a bottle of bleach would mean that you could use it today!

Not planning on making a pizza for a few days. Saying that, the Memsahib did precisely that on a bottle of Kloster Andechs Bergbock Hell which arrived in the order from Beers of Europe just at the precise time she got thirsty.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Clues in the name . Didn't spot it.  In that case you can disregard everything I said as baalocks. Why would your parcel be at Heathrow . lol.

Use discogs a fair bit myself, it's a good site but I do tend to get them to cross ref the matrix run outs now as a bit of a first press junkie and had a few incorrect listings sent to me.  Ordered a signed Damned lp that was supposed to be white vinyl . Turned up unsigned and black .  That was probably my favourite .

Hope it turns up soon .

I will be having something to say if this one turns up and its not a Canadian blue vinyl copy!! 

Ive had my collection on discogs for a while but this is the first time i have decided to purchase from the site. I really miss going record shopping and being able to be out and about digging in the crates and shelves. 

3 hours ago, mozza said:

How's the dear little orphan faring mate?

6A4B7D10-7519-4874-A115-B9C185165037.thumb.jpeg.583773a6b2d24942efccd0b763596125.jpeg

growing some wings and a tail, and learning to hop.

B49CB277-98DC-4BEF-B7F4-B8645FB993C8.jpeg

A new hot tub.

Ours conked out last Christmas and I'm just buying a new one. Agonised over it for a long time in the current climate but me & Mrs Wolfie are relatively secure in work and with what we're saving during lockdown plus not going on holiday, it'll probably just about cover it.

35 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

2 x Solar powered Lily Flower garden lights

Induction Egg Pan

Dog groomer  hair trimmer

Metal Geko wall art 

Big Cheese Sonic Rodent Repeller

Fight Club Tyler Durdan Funko Pop

Is an induction egg pan what you place under the hen as you try to squeeze an egg out? 

After a week of feeding and safe harbour, our friend was released today and flew away. 

Whether he/she can survive who knows, but at least it has a second chance, and is now strong enough to fly and escape predators.

Good luck bird.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Did you go for quality? 

To be honest I could have spent a bloody fortune with Bose or Sonos etc but I really wanted to pair more than one device via Bluetooth and there is not much choice. I went for 2 x Tronsmart T6 plus Bluetooth speakers. I purchased one initially to see what the sound quality was like. 40w max per device and the sound quality was really good. Then added the second one, so I have 80w and 15 hours.. Really happy with them for just under £100. Jobs a goodun.

19 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

To be honest I could have spent a bloody fortune with Bose or Sonos etc but I really wanted to pair more than one device via Bluetooth and there is not much choice. I went for 2 x Tronsmart T6 plus Bluetooth speakers. I purchased one initially to see what the sound quality was like. 40w max per device and the sound quality was really good. Then added the second one, so I have 80w and 15 hours.. Really happy with them for just under £100. Jobs a goodun.

I have two JBL charge4s. I did have two JBL charge3, but some pikey(s) burgled our villa in Portugal last summer. 

Bizarre purchase but not my fault.

I wanted smoked haddock, I ordered smoked haddock, I paid for smoked haddock - and Tesco delivered basa (Vietnamese catfish).

It might be very nice (it is very cheap normally) - but it's not going to go well as a contrast fish in a fish pie.