The Lockdown “Bizarre Purchases” thread

Mostyn6

6 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Silicone egg poachers, guitar and accessories, a magimix food processor, office chair and a cuddly Yoda.

After this poo storm is over, i can see an explosion of new bands and/or slightly used musical instruments for sale

7 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Silicone egg poachers, guitar and accessories, a magimix food processor, office chair and a cuddly Yoda.

I’ve bought two guitars a new amp, new strings, songbooks and capo. 

32 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve bought two guitars a new amp, new strings, songbooks and capo. 

My lads bought a Tanglewood electro/acoustic guitar, and someone from work has given us a practice amp.

It's staying in the boot of the car till he gets better, mind.

He or she is growing fast. 

anyone in the Derby / belper area got a dog cage or similar going cheap cheap cheap?

PM me if you have. 

DCB31556-D9AD-4518-B77D-860C91E00D7E.thumb.jpeg.a1c655c9a995edb3c73233f1fc63ef01.jpeg

52 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He or she is growing fast. 

anyone in the Derby / belper area got a dog cage or similar going cheap cheap cheap?

PM me if you have. 

DCB31556-D9AD-4518-B77D-860C91E00D7E.thumb.jpeg.a1c655c9a995edb3c73233f1fc63ef01.jpeg

You're doing a great job, RamNut,  but can I suggest you contact the RSPB?

33 minutes ago, mozza said:

You're doing a great job, RamNut,  but can I suggest you contact the RSPB?

I don’t think they are open or accepting animals for rescue, due to the virus. 

10 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

No mate. Its coming from USA so I guess there are going to be delays on parcels and the like. 

Did the seller provide a usps tracking number. You'll find it's probably at Heathrow distribution centre if you have one and track it.. At the minute items are there for about 7 days. Then there might be a delay at the local office if there's a custom charge.  It shouldn't take longer than two weeks to get from the states to the you.

37 minutes ago, mozza said:

New solitaire peg board?

It's a pizza disc. I have started making my own pizzas, and it would make life a lot easier if I could put the dough on that after I have stretched it, then 'build' the topping and transfer it to the oven. Last night, I was faced with the problem of transferring a large topped pizza onto my pre-heated stone disc before transferring it to the oven.

I solved it by folding the pizza into a calzone, transferring it to the pizza stone, then unfolding and redistributing the cheese, chorizo and mushrooms. Then I remembered that Dominos etc use these discs to build the pizza on before passing it through the cooker, so I ordered one from Amazon.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

It's a pizza disc. I have started making my own pizzas, and it would make life a lot easier if I could put the dough on that after I have stretched it, then 'build' the topping and transfer it to the oven. Last night, I was faced with the problem of transferring a large topped pizza onto my pre-heated stone disc before transferring it to the oven.

I solved it by folding the pizza into a calzone, transferring it to the pizza stone, then unfolding and redistributing the cheese, chorizo and mushrooms. Then I remembered that Dominos etc use these discs to build the pizza on before passing it through the cooker, so I ordered one from Amazon.

I knew that really Eddie,  we've got a couple of those type of baking trays, get a more even cook with em, in fact, not twenty minutes ago i used one to cook two Ginsters cornish pasties on,  beautiful.. 

Just now, mozza said:

I knew that really Eddie,  we've got a couple of those type of baking trays, get a more even cook with em, in fact, not twenty minutes ago i used one to cook two Ginsters cornish pasties on,  beautiful.. 

I've just watched a YouPo…. I mean a YouTube - yes, YouTube - video on how they do that pretty crimping around a pasty. Going to try it on a Calzone next week.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I've just watched a YouPo…. I mean a YouTube - yes, YouTube - video on how they do that pretty crimping around a pasty. Going to try it on a Calzone next week.

Seem to recall watching someone crimp a pasty with his false teeth, Albert Steptoe, i think it was..

On 15 May 2020 at 02:37, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Did the seller provide a usps tracking number. You'll find it's probably at Heathrow distribution centre if you have one and track it.. At the minute items are there for about 7 days. Then there might be a delay at the local office if there's a custom charge.  It shouldn't take longer than two weeks to get from the states to the you.

Thanks for info. We sent a small parcel to Derby from Sweden which took almost a month during the pandemic. Im sure it will arrive shortly. Trying to be patient. 

I brought the record on Discogs, a well known music site and the seller is highly scored. Payment was paypal too so we are safe. 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Thanks for info. We sent a small parcel to Derby from Sweden which took almost a month during the pandemic. Im sure it will arrive shortly. Trying to be patient. 

I brought the record on Discogs, a well known music site and the seller is highly scored. Payment was paypal too so we are safe. 

Clues in the name . Didn't spot it.  In that case you can disregard everything I said as baalocks. Why would your parcel be at Heathrow . lol.

Use discogs a fair bit myself, it's a good site but I do tend to get them to cross ref the matrix run outs now as a bit of a first press junkie and had a few incorrect listings sent to me.  Ordered a signed Damned lp that was supposed to be white vinyl . Turned up unsigned and black .  That was probably my favourite .

Hope it turns up soon .