The Lockdown “Bizarre Purchases” thread

Mostyn6

Me and my mates are constantly laughing at all the things we’ve bought, and almost bought before seeing sense! 

so what have you bought in the last couple of months that you probably wouldn’t have otherwise had things been normal? 

- box of noodles (ko lee bang bang chicken green curry, as yet unopened)

- epiphone SG electric guitar

- tefal grill pan

- beard oil (wouldn’t have a beard!)

- stanley scraper (for cleaning the mess my tefal pan creates)

- various spices and spicy sauces (about 30!!)

- at least four bottles of vodka (Reyka & JJ Whitley) 

- two guitar music/song books, capo, new strings

- brita water filter tank and six filters!

- power bank car jump starter

- pencil crayons and maths set (with all the plastic set squares etc)

- microHDMI to HDMI adaptors

- new pair of portable landline phones

- new duvet and pillow case set

- disney+ 

there’s probably more that hasn’t sprung to mind!! ?

New set of saucepans (Pro Cook - v good) 

New baking dishes 

New kitchen knives 

A jigsaw of a family photo 

A Union Jack waistcoat 

We have spent more on food but probably more than balanced out by no lunches out or takeaway food. 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

New set of saucepans (Pro Cook - v good) 

New baking dishes 

New kitchen knives 

A jigsaw of a family photo 

A Union Jack waistcoat 

We have spent more on food but probably more than balanced out by no lunches out or takeaway food. 

We went the other way, buying more takeaway to try and support local business struggling. Union Jack waistcoat sounds flash!

Hair Trimmers... Haven't had a home trim since the kids were mid teens, so about 20 years.

1 x crate (6 x 600ml bottles) of Teisseire (That's the brand) Sirop de mente... well, it don't look like we're gonna get back to France any time soon, and I was about to run out from the 4 bottles I brought back in September!)

3 x of those neck tube/snood things... they'll be my new washable/re-usable face masks, when they arrive (ordered yesterday).

Real veg... needs cutting/chopping and stuff, but hey, there's not much else to do!

Real meat/poultry... who knew dead animals didn't come ready cut, prepared and seasoned, in a foil tray with warming instruction!

Loads of yogurt and fruit... but sadly no sausage or bacon... B1tch!

2 x sheets (1400 x 630mm?) 9mm plyboard... Bury those kitchen pipes, mofo!

New replacement cordless drill/driver... Previous charger died on me... left a screw sticking out for a whole 2 days... could have been a nasty accident, but we both survived, thankfully.  We'll probably laugh about it one day.  What a story for the great grandkids though, eh!  "Surrounded by a deadly virus, and then to cap it all, we could have got a nasty nick from that screw that was left sticking out for a whole two days..." type thing!

Not so much a bizarre purchase but one I've been thinking about for a while... a 49' super ultrawide curved monitor - its a thing of beauty!  I can have soooo many windows open at the same time and gaming is absolutely fantastic ?

Bizarre purchases might be the Star Wars funko figures I've started collecting - got Kylo Ren, The Emperor, The Mandalorian and IG-11 so far.  Dunno why, I just find them a fun thing to have on my desk!

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Not so much a bizarre purchase but one I've been thinking about for a while... a 49' super ultrawide curved monitor - its a thing of beauty!  I can have soooo many windows open at the same time and gaming is absolutely fantastic ?

Bizarre purchases might be the Star Wars funko figures I've started collecting - got Kylo Ren, The Emperor, The Mandalorian and IG-11 so far.  Dunno why, I just find them a fun thing to have on my desk!

depending how big a collector you are.

MARK-HAMILL-FUNKO-BLACK-SHIRT-VARIANT-SIGNED

We're pleased to offer the DesignerCon exclusive Limited Edition Mark Hamill #27 POP! Icons (Black Shirt) Funko signed by Mark Hamill himself in electric blue paint pen! Don't miss out on this ultra-rare figure for your collection. Grab one for you and a friend today exclusively here at www.OfficialPix.com. Each Funko comes with our numbered hologram COA sticker for authenticity. 

This figure is limited to 7,000 pieces worldwide and there are less than 100 signed in existence. All signed Funko come with a complimentary plastic Funko protector with each purchase.

Price: $359.99

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

A forty nine foot monitor?!?

A very nice violin with bow and case, which cost most of our money

A blue silk pillow cover, ordered almost a month ago and still hasn't arrived

Lots of booze

A case of 80% alcohol in spray bottles

4 square meters of knitting yarn

A whole lot of face masks

4 3kg sacks of Lavazza coffee beans

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It sounds big in old money, but in reality, that ain't even 15 metres!  

Hardly worth @maxjam going all Harry Enfield on us, is it!   ?

ImageDetail_beab10ce-489e-4f3d-93ed-2faf

I tret me sen for me bothdee ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-C49RG90-49-inch-Ultrawide-Monitor/dp/B07NL27TCK/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=samsung+c49&qid=1589303769&sr=8-2

It is absolutely stunning ?