Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

17 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

The ‘weak from playing out from the back’ comment I’ve seen numerous times and I really struggle to understand. 

Not good enough to play from the back for Man City who can pay tens of millions for a replacement I understand. Man City wanted a Rolls Royce and could afford to go and get one.... we aren’t in that position. I have an 06 reg Skoda Fabia. It’s not pretty but does the job and does the job well for my budget. If I could I’d go and get an Aston Martin but I can’t.

If and it is a big if we can afford Hart I really can’t see why we wouldn’t do it. We won’t get better in this division.

I am not disagreeing with you, and am sure Cocu will ultimately decide,after all he will be judged on his signings. However do we pay out probably high wages with no transfer fee on Joe or a comparable amount involving a few with lesser wages in a keeper that will hopefully have a resale value ( preff greater than we paid) for a keeper that may continue to deve!up and improve.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ram1964 said:

I am not disagreeing with you, and am sure Cocu will ultimately decide,after all he will be judged on his signings. However do we pay out probably high wages with no transfer fee on Joe or a comparable amount involving a few with lesser wages in a keeper that will hopefully have a resale value ( preff greater than we paid) for a keeper that may continue to deve!up and improve.

We are well aware that good goalkeepers earn you points... I don’t want to knock Roos or Hamer as I truly believe they have done to the best of their ability but a good keeper is paramount. 

Ive seen on other threads everyone saying a 20 goal a season striker is the key, in my opinion a good goalkeeper is just as valuable. If the deal was right I’d have Hart in a heartbeat. If he drops down to the championship I really believe he will be the best keeper in this division. 

He would be an amazing asset if we could get him. Forget resale value and all that... a good keeper earns you points and points get you to the promised land of the premier league with the riches of tv money and sponsorship... Joe Hart may not be good enough for the premier league I’m not arguing that... but he is sure as hell good enough for this division and good enough for Derby County. 

12 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

We are well aware that good goalkeepers earn you points... I don’t want to knock Roos or Hamer as I truly believe they have done to the best of their ability but a good keeper is paramount. 

Ive seen on other threads everyone saying a 20 goal a season striker is the key, in my opinion a good goalkeeper is just as valuable. If the deal was right I’d have Hart in a heartbeat. If he drops down to the championship I really believe he will be the best keeper in this division. 

He would be an amazing asset if we could get him. Forget resale value and all that... a good keeper earns you points and points get you to the promised land of the premier league with the riches of tv money and sponsorship... Joe Hart may not be good enough for the premier league I’m not arguing that... but he is sure as hell good enough for this division and good enough for Derby County. 

Absolutely - I also believe Roos is good enough but can be weak on crosses whilst for me Hamer was weak at everything 

Our most vulnerable position in this mammoth season has been the goalkeeper.

When defenders know there is a dependable GK behind them it gives them confidence in man marking knowing that they are unlikely to risk the ignominy of an 'own goal' due to the man between the sticks failing to reach a back pass.

Joe Hart is solid and reliable as a goalie and we should try to snap him up for an agreed weekly wage.

The hypothetical dozen points a season between Mr dependable and Mr Nightmare makes the difference betwixt tenth and playoffs and even playoffs/ automatics.

Got to be worth conidering, especially as we already have Wayne and the Next Generation.

Like Cloughie said at Sunderland.

"It's no good me sticking four into their net if you keep letting in more into ours!"

3 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Would love to see Hart for Derby certainly good enough for the championship. We need a solid keeper, I mean when was the last time we could debate about our best players with a keeper in the conversation? Poom?

Carson at his best ?

Anyone who is looking at Roos with a sepia tinted glow needs a word with themselves, he’s NOT what we need as a number 1 or number 2.

When pint sized John McGinn scored a header in the playoffs, practically out of his arms, you knew then he’s NOT what we need.

I’m sure he’s a top-guy and will make a career out of football, but please-god not at Derby.

As for Hart, who knows ?‍♂️?

I've changed my mind on Hart, let's bring him in.

He can follow in the footsteps of Grant and Carson, be good for 18 months then get shipped out on loan to Leeds to boost their homegrown quota for the Champions League.

We don't need another goalkeeper who's confidence is shot. I wouldn't go for Joe Hart. We need to look at younger goalkeepers at top teams who have 2 options in front of them, like Sheff Utd did with Henderson.

On 03/08/2020 at 14:25, Woodley Ram said:

I don't see Hart coming to Derby, Cocu wants a goalkeeper who is comfortable on the ball and does that mean we might look at a European option?

How about Hoè Jart.  He sounds European, Dutch even.

Surprisingly, there's a story of him in Aftonbladet. Mainly some pics how he has kept himself fit and the list of interested clubs including Inter Miami, Arsenal, WBA, Leeds, Celtic, Sheffield United and us.

Here the link to all you Swedish reading members: @StockholmRam?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/vQ47wp/joe-hart-visar-upp-extrema-formen-pa-gymmet

51 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Surprisingly, there's a story of him in Aftonbladet. Mainly some pics how he has kept himself fit and the list of interested clubs including Inter Miami, Arsenal, WBA, Leeds, Celtic, Sheffield United and us.

Here the link to all you Swedish reading members: @StockholmRam?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/vQ47wp/joe-hart-visar-upp-extrema-formen-pa-gymmet

He looks like a crazed narcissist in those pictures. How does pumping iron and turning yourself into a beefcake help his goalkeeping, where reactions and flexibility are more important?

Avoid, for me.

On 04/08/2020 at 17:06, Jimbo Ram said:

Carson at his best ?

Any goale at their best come to that (even me!)

Trouble is any inconsistency when called upon to act and the consequences are catastrophic.

I had a poster in my office which said...

"In this job Get i right, no one remembers, get it wrong, no one forgets!"

Archived