Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

As anything, all about the money here. He would be a massive improvement on Carson but if he's aaking stupid wages then Hamer would do a job on a permanent 

He might not be bothered about high wages, if you’re offered it you take it.

If he’s offered first team football and a modest wage he might take it.  He’ll not be short of a few bob.

Said before that I’d be a bit wary of him given the downward spiral he’s been on... but on the other hand, we will be in desperate need of a goalie once Hamer (hopefully) goes back to Huddersfield.

Obviously not good enough for the perm anymore... but the championship? Maybe. Not 100% convinced based on what I’ve seen recently, but may well be worth a gamble on a free given our financial Troubles. Issue of course will be whether he’ll take enough of a pay cut for us to be able to afford his wages.

I’d have him for sure on sensible money.

Carson went up and down before joining us for his two good years before the errors started creeping in.

Give Hart 2/3 years to enjoy himself he could get back to the old player he was. The ability is there for sure.

10 hours ago, Papahet said:

I’d rather have Carson back carson a good keeper but nothing on jow hart only because he's low on confidence at the minute, he will still have his class and would be a great signing for us depending on wages 

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

He might not be bothered about high wages, if you’re offered it you take it.

If he’s offered first team football and a modest wage he might take it.  He’ll not be short of a few bob.

Hefty promotion clause and modest championship wage i'd imagine. 

5 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Would love Hart here.

Was one of the best goalies in the world at one point. Guardola knocked his confidence a lot, maybe a fresh start would do.

if he is on an acceptable wage I’d take him. Could be a chance for him to turn it around with us

If I remember correctly he wasn't up to Pep's standard of playing with his feet. He will be expected to do so for us but he's quite good with his feet. He's a big lad too and quite dominant with balls in to the box. Our biggest weakness. 

Can’t imagine that he’d be on less money than Carson (presumably quite a lot more) - and I’ve always assumed his wages were the main reason he was sent out to pasture.  So would seem an odd move.

Nevertheless, we are quite likely to need a keeper next season and a former England keeper is probably an upgrade on Huddersfield’s #3.  

Can’t see it happening though. You would think a lower PL club would still fancy a punt.

Hart is a really interesting player. I can't remember another goalkeeper who's stock fell so far, so quickly. I think he's a victim of his own success in that he was originally way overhyped due to a dearth of English goalkeeping talent in the early part of this decade. Expectations on Hart are still unreasonably high and it's become a bit of a meme to criticise him. If (and it's a massive if) Hart could be brought in on reasonable wages he'd easily be one of the best keepers in the division, but just placing a good 'keeper in a bad team will achieve nothing. Look at Hart's long time England understudy Jack Butland at Stoke. At one point it seemed a dead certainty that he'd take the England number 1 shirt, and now he looks every bit the average error prone Championship 'keeper.

Archived