Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much will Hart cost and would he 'fit' here? How much better than a.n.other decent keeper would he be - never rated him at the level he played at, but in the Championship? 

I think his loan to Birmingham was seen as successful - but he was still up and coming at the time, rather than being something of an "ex-"

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was in the Derby Telegraph yesterday. They’re not known for breaking transfer news but they are usually reliable regarding transfers not happening. Ignore the typo in paragraph and read paragraph 3. Hart isn’t going to work for relative peanuts and we can get better value for money. I can’t see this move happening.

“Hart links continue as Derby look for keeper

Rumours have resurfaced over a potential Pride Park arrival for former England number one Joe Hart, but DerbyshireLive understands the club do have him the goalkeeper in their plans.

Hart, a free agent after his release by Burnley this summer has been heavily linked to Derby County over the past two months. 

The latest gossip says Derby are plotting offer a deal to Hart, with his former England colleague Wayne Rooney backing the move, but is understood that while the Rams will look at their goalkeeping set-up this summer, the 33-year-old Premier League-winner is not on their radar.

It is unclear how Derby's goalkeeping department will look next season because there is uncertainty surrounding the futures of the both senior keepers, Kelle Roos and Scott Carson.

Why do the majority think Hart will have to come on big wages ? He hasn’t got a club, I guess beggars can’t be choosers ??‍♂️

54 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Why do the majority think Hart will have to come on big wages ? He hasn’t got a club, I guess beggars can’t be choosers ??‍♂️

Correct. £15k - £20k a week.

We get a GK without a transfer fee. He knows Given and he knows Rooney. Hell - he would probably drive in with Rooney to training.

He knows he will be number one - he won't even be competing with anyone.

Would people sooner we sign an unknown from Europe because it sounds good than a player who has won the Premiership and at 33 would still be able to deliver at their peak?

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Correct. £15k - £20k a week.

We get a GK without a transfer fee. He knows Given and he knows Rooney. Hell - he would probably drive in with Rooney to training.

He knows he will be number one - he won't even be competing with anyone.

Would people sooner we sign an unknown from Europe because it sounds good than a player who has won the Premiership and at 33 would still be able to deliver at their peak?

Don’t mention Given.

He could turn Joe Hart into Jack Douglas.

https://images.app.goo.gl/isUyzj8CTxL6WwXc8

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Yeh but to be fair an unknown from abroad does get me a little more excited - Until they turn out to be only good on Camara 

Hart would be good at this level. Those suggesting he wouldn't be must have not been watching much of the Championship the past few seasons. Samba at Forest has been one of the better keepers this season, yet looked unsure every time we put a cross in against them at home. Hart will have weaknesses in his game, every keeper at this level does. But his experience will be so valuable and he has proven himself to be a good keeper. Wages the only stumbling block for me.

I can’t believe we are linked to a player who off the top of my head is:

a multiple premier league winner

fa cup winner

league cup winner

numerous golden glove winner

has well over 50 caps for England

and yet we still turn our noses up! Sign him up I say... if you can’t get excited about the prospect of Joe Hart in a Derby top there’s something wrong with you.

21 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

fa cup winner

league cup winner

and yet we still turn our noses up! Sign him up I say... if you can’t get excited about the prospect of Joe Hart in a Derby top there’s something wrong with you.

There's something wrong with me

44 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

fa cup winner

league cup winner

Saw someone on here say that they weren't sure he is any better than Hamer. 

Hart is twice the keeper now than Hamer will ever be. 

There's a reason Hart has won what he has and played for who he has played for. 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Saw someone on here say that they weren't sure he is any better than Hamer. 

Hart is twice the keeper now than Hamer will ever be. 

There's a reason Hart has won what he has and played for who he has played for. 

That's what I say about Carson. I said I wondered how good Hart was now. Plus Carson had Zubi.

Alan Nixon says it depends on wages, but is that really going to be the case?

I’d expect him to be on a decent wave compared to a lot of our squad, but he’s not going to be able to demand huge sums.

If he wants to be number one, he will have to accept a lower wage than he would get elsewhere. I’m sure he’d easily get 30k a week if he wanted to fill the English quota and be third choice for a side playing in Europe. 

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

fa cup winner

league cup winner

If he was available to us and we need a very good goalkeeper then sign him if it fits in with our wage structure and sure a healthy promotion bonus is our way to go. He has made his money from football at Manchester City so it should be does he want to play every week? 

Archived