Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Rumours this morning that Spurs want Hart to boost the number of English players in their squad - no doubt a big wage packet on offer, but does he want his career to wither away as a bit part player?

Scott Carson and Lee Grant seem ok with it.

Rob Green was happy to do it.

The player can guarantee to be financially well off after retiring, although I'm sure Hart isnt shy of a few quid anyway.

Honestly cant see us signing Hart, we all know keeper is top priority so with less than 4 weeks to go til kick off, if Hart was signing I would have imagined he would be here by now.

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

I'd be a bit surprised if he did this, I think he'd want to play.

Agents can be incredibly persuasive.

If Hart signs for Tottenham it would go against everything he said about wanting to play football again. He’s been sat on his arse for 2 years at Burnely. No chance he plays ahead of Lloris. Money talks I guess, all clubs will have dodged a bullet if that is his motivation. I don’t think we’re interested anyway, his wages will be too much for us. 

Absolute classic move that is. Can’t blame him though to be fair, he’ll be getting paid far more to warm the bench at that level than he would playing regularly at our level. Easy money really, just like Scott Carson. We couldn’t compete with the wages Spurs can offer if we were ever genuinely interested.

1 hour ago, enachops said:

If Hart signs for Tottenham it would go against everything he said about wanting to play football again. He’s been sat on his arse for 2 years at Burnely. No chance he plays ahead of Lloris. Money talks I guess, all clubs will have dodged a bullet if that is his motivation. I don’t think we’re interested anyway, his wages will be too much for us. 

I thought that but then when you look at Spurs over the last couple of years Lloris has had some terrible form and also a couple of bad injuries so he will inevitably get some game time. Guess he's backing himself to try and dislodge him as number 1. At least he's doing it from a position of number 2. He was 3rd choice at Burnley.

3 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I thought that but then when you look at Spurs over the last couple of years Lloris has had some terrible form and also a couple of bad injuries so he will inevitably get some game time. Guess he's backing himself to try and dislodge him as number 1. At least he's doing it from a position of number 2. He was 3rd choice at Burnley.

He might be 3rd choice at Spurs

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolute classic move that is. Can’t blame him though to be fair, he’ll be getting paid far more to warm the bench at that level than he would playing regularly at our level. Easy money really, just like Scott Carson. We couldn’t compete with the wages Spurs can offer if we were ever genuinely interested.

He probably had a number of options, some of which would have seen him first choice on less money.

Given the choice I know which one I'd be taking and its the one that pays the most. I don't blame Hart for taking that route at all. 

6 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

“I want to be a first choice keeper” signs for spurs to be a understudy under Lloris....

Perhaps he thinks he can unseat Lloris as number 1. However unlikely it seems that he could replace the World champions' first choice when he spent a good deal of time failing to replace England's 2nd/3rd choice keeper, perhaps we should admire the ambition.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He probably had a number of options, some of which would have seen him first choice on less money.

Given the choice I know which one I'd be taking and its the one that pays the most. I don't blame Hart for taking that route at all. 

Would you? If your a struggling footballer I get that money is important, limited career and all that. But Hart is a comfortable multi millionaire no doubt. Would you not want to play games and aim to finish your career on the pitch,  not on the bench? Seems a waste to me. First choice on 25k top trumps 50k on the bench for me, especially if you’ve earned big money for the last 12 years. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps he thinks he can unseat Lloris as number 1. However unlikely it seems that he could replace the World champions' first choice when he spent a good deal of time failing to replace England's 2nd/3rd choice keeper, perhaps we should admire the ambition.

Or just admire the fact of his hunt for Wages. Modern Day footballers ei... 

Haha just comical! 

What was that massive shirtless article piece he put out about wanting to be first choice “finding himself” and the right project, irrespective of league etc and repaying the faith to a club who believed in him to play football again. 

Goes on to sit on Tottenhams bench for the next 2 years ?

hilarious 

Archived