Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He probably had a number of options, some of which would have seen him first choice on less money.

Given the choice I know which one I'd be taking and its the one that pays the most. I don't blame Hart for taking that route at all. 

Absolutely, given the choice between Prem wages and championship wages, I know what I’d be taking!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Shang said:

Unless they sell Gazzaniga (who's a solid keeper) I'm not sure what Joe Hart is going there for. He'll genuinely not play.

Here is a gif representation of the precise reason why he would still go there...

Animated GIF

Awkward Chill GIF by Celebs Go Dating

Lost all respect for Joe Hart taking money over playing at this stage of his career.

He's probably got £10-£20 Million in the bank/investments.

Now he wants to spend the last few years of his career travelling around the whole country only playing League Cup and FA Cup games.

Shame on him.

24 minutes ago, enachops said:

Would you? If your a struggling footballer I get that money is important, limited career and all that. But Hart is a comfortable multi millionaire no doubt. Would you not want to play games and aim to finish your career on the pitch,  not on the bench? Seems a waste to me. First choice on 25k top trumps 50k on the bench for me, especially if you’ve earned big money for the last 12 years. 

100% I would. Worst case scenario he makes loads of money and don't have to stretch himself, great lifestyle on a wedge in London. Best case scenario Lloris gets a bad injury and he ends up playing for Spurs for a big stretch of the season. Either way he wil have done very nicely for himself.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Lost all respect for Joe Hart taking money over playing at this stage of his career.

He's probably got £10-£20 Million in the bank/investments.

Now he wants to spend the last few years of his career travelling around the whole country only playing League Cup and FA Cup games.

Shame on him.

Shame on football fans for trying to dictate what people should and shouldn't do with their careers. This idea that footballers should take a pay cut to make sure they are playing every week is total nonsense.

It's almost as daft as football fans that get annoyed when a player leaves for more money. The expectation that footballers should take a financial hit due to some arbitrary ideas of pride and loyalty is totally mental in my opinion.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Shame on football fans for trying to dictate what people should and shouldn't do with their careers. This idea that footballers should take a pay cut to make sure they are playing every week is total nonsense.

It's almost as daft as football fans that get annoyed when a player leaves for more money. The expectation that footballers should take a financial hit due to some arbitrary ideas of pride and loyalty is totally mental in my opinion.

Don’t think anyone is trying to dictate what Hart does, he won’t care what folk think.

The buzz for a footballer at Harts stage of career and having been up there as the best should be to play, not to sit in the bench picking up a wage packet having barely contributed. 

When you look back on your career you’ll be judged on playing time, achievements etc. Not your wages. If that is Harts motivation, fair enough. But the ambition, motivation and buzz for footballers should be playing for me. 

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't think @rammieibis trying to dictate that. It's just a lot of noise came out of Hart lately that he wants to be first choice keeper and play somewhere that would give him that time. Now he's suddenly decided he's happy competing for a number 2 spot.

2 minutes ago, enachops said:

Don’t think anyone is trying to dictate what Hart does, he won’t care what folk think.

The buzz for a footballer at Harts stage of career and having been up there as the best should be to play, not to sit in the bench picking up a wage packet having barely contributed. 

When you look back on your career you’ll be judged on playing time, achievements etc. Not your wages. If that is Harts motivation, fair enough. But the ambition, motivation and buzz for footballers should be playing for me. 

I guess the point I am trying to make is that some players don't feel that buzz. It's a job to them, much like my job is just a job and if I didn't 'have' to do it then I wouldn't. As for looking back on his career, I'm sure he will look back on it very fondly in a position of total financial security, thanks in no small part to signing a contract with Spurs worth fifty grand a week for two years at the back end of his career.

I didn't mean my initial comment to come off as such a directed attack at you so apologies if that's how it sounded.

Wouldn't have had him at all. 

Not for his goalkeeping ability cos I still think he's a very very good keeper.

But for the fact that it would have probably been a 2-3 year deal. With a massive outlay on wages and absolutely no sell on value whatsoever. These are the signings we shouldn't be making.

Plus that interview he made about "wanting to play games" was obviously a big PR stunt.

I'd be going for Phillips at Charlton over Hart.

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Scott Carson and Lee Grant seem ok with it.

Rob Green was happy to do it.

The player can guarantee to be financially well off after retiring, although I'm sure Hart isnt shy of a few quid anyway.

Honestly cant see us signing Hart, we all know keeper is top priority so with less than 4 weeks to go til kick off, if Hart was signing I would have imagined he would be here by now.

Scott Carson and Lee Grant never reached the same heights as Hart though. Cant blame either of them for taking a step up even if not playing.

I dont blame Hart either - at least he has a chance to play in the Prem now, but still thought he'd want to play based on recent comments.

2 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

“I want to be a first choice keeper” signs for spurs to be a understudy under Lloris....

He's actually competing with another keeper for the chance to be second choice there. At the moment he is third in line 

I'm disappointed in Hart. I thought he had more about him than that - perhaps he still thinks he can play at the very highest level. However, when (by all accounts) you are signed to fill in a quota (like Lee Grant at Man Utd and Scott Carson at Man City) then you're giving up the gun. 

This one decision has finished his career for sure. Shame. 

This would have been a great signing imo, however I imagine that it would have been an expensive package. 

If the club are looking at signings with potential resale value, then younger players make sense.  

For that reason Phillips makes perfect sense to me.  

I hope the move works out well for Hart, I always felt that he was very harshly treated by Pep. 

Funny how Hart was bleating how desperate he was to prove he was still a top keeper blah blah BS.. 

Just show me the money.. Will end his career never playing.. What a testimony that will be to his attitude.. Glad we dodged this one.. The current view is he was over rated and a dodgy keeper, Hart obviously ok to end his career with that overview as long as his pockets are full.. 

Archived