Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

Must admit I was initially against Hart coming here....after all, if we were looking at an experienced Keeper then why not bring back Carson - but it seems that for whatever reason he's staying where he is. I know we have Shay Given as Goalie coach but I also feel that we need someone to mentor Ravas & also Roos (who I've not given up hope on). It all depends on his (Hart's) demands - and of course whether he wants to play or sit at home doing nothing. Some players as we know are happy to do the latter and are quite comfortable thank you very much. I know Rooney gets paid a lot but I'm sure if he wanted to retire he could quite comfortably. It's clear his motivation is still there - so that's the type of player we want - not someone who is already well off and just looking for one last pay day. Be interesting if Hart fits that mould. It certainly doesn't look as though there are clubs queueing up for his services ATM though.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny everyone is mentioning him and he's being linked with club's far and wide but (as yet) no one seems to have made a concerted to sign him. Could it be he's hedging his bet's ( hoping a premiership team or top european team come's in) or does he want's 'high' wages or a 'guaranteed' starting  first team place.  We could offer him 1 out of 3.

We have advantages for joe hart that other clubs can’t offer. He has a house in Matlock I think and is from the Derby area. Might also give him a bit more confidence if he’s in surroundings he’s used too. Secondly we can offer a number one spot for him which he has come out and said he wants to do. He also said he’d be willing to drop dowN a level to get his confidence. He definitely has the willingness to play football and we’d get a good few seasons out of him. The man has the most golden gloves of any keeper with 3. He’s played at champions league levels heS won the prem. it would literally like saying no to Rooney. Oh yeh he’s also in his ‘prime’ years. 

15 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

We have advantages for joe hart that other clubs can’t offer. He has a house in Matlock I think and is from the Derby area. Might also give him a bit more confidence if he’s in surroundings he’s used too. Secondly we can offer a number one spot for him which he has come out and said he wants to do. He also said he’d be willing to drop dowN a level to get his confidence. He definitely has the willingness to play football and we’d get a good few seasons out of him. The man has the most golden gloves of any keeper with 3. He’s played at champions league levels heS won the prem. it would literally like saying no to Rooney. Oh yeh he’s also in his ‘prime’ years. 

Is he from the Derby area? Born in Shrewsbury, went to school there and first club Shrewsbury.

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Geoff Boycotts gran could mentor Roos, she would have caught that play off final howler in her pinny , rather than dropping it at the feet of tubby McGinn.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Roos didn't drop it at McGinn's feet, McGinn headed it out of Roos' hands/arms. Even McGinn said he thought it was a foul ?‍♂️

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yet again, bounces out of Roos arms/chest.

Watching that, it looks as though McGinn and Roos arrive at the same time and McGinn is able to get there slightly quicker under him. I honestly haven't seen it back since the day, but doesn't look anywhere near as bad. 

image.png.097e7acff4485946ccad7996281cfd4b.png

He definitely never has the opportunity to catch the ball. It's a completely different goal to the one I remember and what it's made out to be. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Watching that, it looks as though McGinn and Roos arrive at the same time and McGinn is able to get there slightly quicker under him. I honestly haven't seen it back since the day, but doesn't look anywhere near as bad. 

image.png.097e7acff4485946ccad7996281cfd4b.png

He definitely never has the opportunity to catch the ball. It's a completely different goal to the one I remember and what it's made out to be. 

Because he waited for it to drop into his chest - which it bounced out of. He's done similar since. 

4 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

To be hypothetical, if Rooney missed a penalty in the playoff final, and we lost, would people give him this much stick?

Roos is a good keeper and a very solid second choice.

Always a matter of opinions. Personally he puts the fear of god into me when he has the ball at his feet, not as much as Hamer though. I don’t think he’s good enough to instil the level of confidence needed in the back four. Good shot stopper at times..but it’s a no from me, which is why we are in the market for a keeper.

Just now, Shang said:

Michel Vorm is available on a free, can play out from the back from his time at Swansea. Wages around 22,000 a week, would much prefer him over Hart.

Zoet. Think I’ve recommended this guy so much, 29, was number one under Cocu and was out on loan last season 

Archived