Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

8 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Dyche has a good Knack of knowing when to let go of players and replace to make his team less predictable each year. I’d love Jeff back but he’d end up playing out of position again. 

I'm still not sure what his position is - could never hold down trhe same place in the team with us and has been similar at Burnley....

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a utility man, I always saw him as an 8 box to box midfielder, he’s got great stamina to do it but he’s been played a lot on the left or right of midfield for Burnley so tbh he might be quite useful but he could do a job at a lot of prem teams still  

9 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I'm still not sure what his position is - could never hold down trhe same place in the team with us and has been similar at Burnley....

12 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Joe Hart can't save shots from outside the box to his side.

It's undone him everywhere else, and would be no different here.

Our problem is crosses though and balls in the air, in the box. Nothing else. We literally just conceded another two goals that way. I don't have the stats on hand, but i'd guess over half of the goals we have conceded in the league this season have come from a cross or a ball in the air in our box that we've not cleared. It's our weak point and every team knows it. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

Our problem is crosses though and balls in the air, in the box. Nothing else. We literally just conceded another two goals that way. I don't have the stats on hand, but i'd guess over half of the goals we have conceded in the league this season have come from a cross or a ball in the air in our box that we've not cleared. It's our weak point and every team knows it. 

Agreed. Fozzy may not have that header but you can certainly make life harder for Matt Smith so he doesn't get a clean header and by not giving a penalty away.

As for the second, poor first header by Clarke (I'll let that go as I think he is a decent player) but then neither Davies (more so) and Clarke charged for the second ball.

Maybe next season if Te Wierik, Clarke (Maybe) and Bielik are in the team we will be stronger defensively from set pieces. I did notice on Saturday that Clarke was not marking at corners but instead being told to go and win the ball. I like this.

The fact people are saying Hart is rubbiah is very short sighted. He was key to City winning their firat major trophies and has been one of the better goalies in the Prem this decade. 

Guardiola didnt get rid because he is a rubbish gk, he just needed a different style of keeper which took him a while to eventually get to Ederson. However, being bombed out of City has clearly knocked his confidence. I think a run in someones first team will help boost his confidence. People say Carson is one of our better keepers since Poom, which I agree with, but when he first signed he was written off because of his age, the fact he got relegated with Wigan and also his high profile mistakes. 

Im not saying we will get him but I do think having someone like Given around him again like at City will help him, as would someone like Rooney.

Lets just wait and see what happens but I think people are unfairly/overly critical of Hart.

Personally, I think he would be a class signing for us whether we stayed in the Champ or managed to get promoted.

On 22/06/2020 at 11:01, DCFC27 said:

Dyche has a good Knack of knowing when to let go of players and replace to make his team less predictable each year. I’d love Jeff back but he’d end up playing out of position again. 

Oddly enough, just read that he refused the contract offer and has his sights set on AC Milan... and Celtic which sounds a bit more realistic !!!

Hart is not a bad keeper, just out of form and confidence. Major issue with wages. I think he may actually come to us, as how many teams in the Prem need a keeper? The other issue is Cocu wants his keeper to be comfortable on the ball too, not to Pep's extent but similar. Would Hart be able to play the way Cocu wants? If yes, it's got potential. If not, then on to another target.

I honestly thought Hart was good, sometimes very good, for Burnley. He got beat out by an established, probably better goal keeper in the end. 

I know he's had a rough few years, he's had some mistakes, but is he good enough for Derby County - easily. It would just be based on wages, but he would be comfortably above Roos and Hamer in terms of ability. 

Never under estimate the impact that a good keeper can have on your points tally.

Just like Scott Carson, who undoubtedly was worth a minimum of 10 points over the season in his first years here, Joe has played at the highest levels and know how to organise and command his box.

If we can structure the wages and make this happen, then this this could be a Shilton=esque appointment.

We have had a few ex England internationals in recent years. Gary Charles, Tony Dorigo, Rob Lee, Warren Barton, Lee Hendrie, Darren Bent, Stephen Warnock, Scott Carson, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Tom Huddlestone.

Plus a few that played for us before they went on to get England caps - Livermore, Lingard, Tomori, Mount 

6 minutes ago, admira said:

We have had a few ex England internationals in recent years. Gary Charles, Tony Dorigo, Rob Lee, Warren Barton, Lee Hendrie, Darren Bent, Stephen Warnock, Scott Carson, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Tom Huddlestone.

Plus a few that played for us before they went on to get England caps - Livermore, Lingard, Tomori, Mount 

Screw you! I've spent the last ten years trying to forget Jake Livermore's loan spell. Here's to another decade of wonderful memories.

Id take him. Still young by a keepers standard. You'd get 4-5 year out of him. Ex England player, won Premier Leagues. He wont just became bad overnight. Plus no disrespect to what we have but an out of form Joe Hart is better than a top of their he Hamer & Roos

A good keeper speads confidence amongst the back four. We have clarke, Davies, wisdom all playing CB making mistakes & looking like they haven't played football before. They're all good defenders. I just think if they had a solid keeper it would make a bigger difference to the back four than any other defensive signing we could make. 

Hart only signed for Burnley due to injuries & as cover. He isnt better than pope thats his problem but he'd be good for us. 

I really dont see this happening. Firstly, its clear we want a keeper who is composed in possession to fit our style of playing out from the back...Hart was bombed out of Man City precisely because he didnt fit that profile.

Secondly, Hart's historical reputation as a shotstopper & dominant in the air has taken a real battering from some ordinary recent years. Neither Torino, Burnley or West Ham have been successful spells and of course, he is well out of England contention now. In short, I think his confidence is fragile.

Lastly, hes likely to be on massive wages. Given his age, his limitations and cost, it would totally run counter to our philosophy to bring him in.

Archived