Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Celtic signed a Greek keeper today. Presumably going to be their number 1. 

I wouldn't have thought Hart was going up there to be their number 1 anyway - They'll give him a lot more money than we can afford 

If you watch his interview with BBC, he seems like he just wants to play and is desperate for someone to give him a chance. Sounded like he’d be willing to drop down too. Always liked and rated Hart. 

Those who say they don’t want him in the championship are deluded. Just because he made a few mistakes in a top Prem team. He was England’s number 1 and a 2x premier league champion. 

Sign him up. 

21 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Those who say they don’t want him in the championship are deluded. Just because he made a few mistakes in a top Prem team.

Many didn't want Scott Carson at the time either.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

The most I can say is that I don’t think it’s completely out of the question that Hart would drop his wage demands for the right project. I doubt we’d be one of those teams, I think he’s probably hoping someone like Leeds/Brentford etc come after him.

Bielsa likes Casilla because of his ability to play out. He’s much better at it than Hart so I can’t see them being interested unless it was as a #2. Brentford already have Raya. I can’t see them getting a replacement even if they go up. 

Wherever Hart decides to go it will be to be a number 1, from his interviews he clearly wants to be playing regularly and I think he will drop down to the Championship and in wages to do so.

I think our biggest pull for Hart would be Shay Given.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wherever Hart decides to go it will be to be a number 1, from his interviews he clearly wants to be playing regularly and I think he will drop down to the Championship and in wages to do so.

I think our biggest pull for Hart would be Shay Given.

Apparently gets on with Rooney too..

33 years old and already as much of a relic as goalkeepers who didn't know what to do when they weren't allowed to pick up back passes or goalkeepers who only dived because the Pathe cameras were switched on.

That said, anybody who's better than Hamer would do me. I don't know whether Hart is though.

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

The most I can say is that I don’t think it’s completely out of the question that Hart would drop his wage demands for the right project. I doubt we’d be one of those teams, I think he’s probably hoping someone like Leeds/Brentford etc come after him.

Project ? 

14 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That said, anybody who's better than Hamer would do me. I don't know whether Hart is though.

I think his weaknesses are different to Hamer and Roos - Both of those guys are useless in the air (despite their height) and have very little control of their box - The defence look noticeably nervous with them behind

Hart on the other hand is (imo) a worse shot stopper than Roos (who makes some blinding saves) but is a more solid presence and will have full command of his box

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Me either, but I guess he'd be better than Hamer & Roos.

This is all that's important to me

• Are we going to be able to get a world class keeper? No
  • Are we going to be able to get the best keeper in the championship for little / no money? No
  • Could we get a great loan from a decent club (maybe City or Chelsea)? Maybe
  • Is Hart a free option who is better than Hamer or Roos? Yes

I think our keepers this season have cost us as many points as they've saved us this season - So getting a keeper in who can improve that by even 2-3 points is a win for me - Because I think we need to focus our spending on attacking threats

Just now, cheron85 said:

I think our keepers this season have cost us as many points as they've saved us this season - So getting a keeper in who can improve that by even 2-3 points is a win for me - Because I think we need to focus our spending on attacking threats

How much will Hart cost and would he 'fit' here? How much better than a.n.other decent keeper would he be - never rated him at the level he played at, but in the Championship? 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much will Hart cost and would he 'fit' here? How much better than a.n.other decent keeper would he be - never rated him at the level he played at, but in the Championship? 

He'll be on a decent wage I would imagine but you have to balance that against a fee

I don't know what decent keepers go for these days - But they seem to be tricky to find so I would imagine a decent whack of money would be involved

Hamer has been judged good enough to be a backup keeper by 2 sides in the Premier League - And we've all seen that he's not up to the levels of the recent keepers we've had (Carson, Granty, even Fielding) - So I don't think it's going to be an easy find - Backup keepers from the bottom end of the Prem are a risk - First team keepers from the championship are gonna be expensive

It's a tricky one - I think last season Lampard took a punt on Roos getting better and (for me) that failed - I'd rather get a Carson-esque steady pair of hands in than take a risk with a GK - And I think Hart is that keeper

I still want Butland TBH but think that would cost many millions

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

It's a tricky one - I think last season Lampard took a punt on Roos getting better and (for me) that failed - I'd rather get a Carson-esque steady pair of hands in than take a risk with a GK - And I think Hart is that keeper.

It's an expensive gamble and I'm not sure it'd be worth the risk. TBH unless we were sure he'd be much better I'd rather stick with Roos and spend the money on a centre-half.

Archived