Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JOE HART: I feel I've still got plenty to offer and I want first team football, even if I have to drop a league to get it.

*goes to Spurs to be their #3 and chief bench-warmer

Derby FANS: He's over the hill, overrated and not wanted here. He'd be on massive money anyway.

*can't believe he'd rather warm the bench at Spurs than come here

giphy.gif

It made me wonder: if you were to list the 44 best keepers in English football, theoretically, it should be the keepers from all the people and champ clubs in order. But would anyone from the championship actually make the list?

what I mean is, are high quality keepers happier to be number 2 in the prem, than number 1 in the championship?

is it seen professionally as a sign of quality that you’re number 2 for a prem team?

Let's be honest. If the bloke had said that he was prepared to sit on his backside, being paid more in a week than probably 90% on here earn in a year, then no clubs and certainly no fans of those clubs would have wanted him. He's come across as a hypocrite by doing exactly that, but all of us (yes, I know there was a poster a couple of years ago who said that his principals wouldn't let him) would snap an employer's hand off at the chance. He made the right noises so that if no big offer came along then a championship club would come in for him. At the same time he convinced in this case Tottenham that he was still hungry to play and they've stumped up the cash. We haven't in my opinion avoided a money grabber, a person with a family has done what's best for him. Two or three years at 50 grand a week, and he'll still be young enough as a goalkeeper to get a contract lower down the leagues. He would have been better than what we currently have, but good luck to him (as if he needs any more luck).

53 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If the wages quoted are correct isn't it sad and ridiculous that a third choice keeper can earn £2.6m a year. 

Very much so , which is why i've written to them and offered my services instead for £1.5m a year to be 3rd choice waterboy

Who’s to say he will actually be third choice? He may feel he has an opportunity to fight for a first team place there. Just playing devils advocate here. Who’s to say he’s had offers from clubs lower down? 

Personally I’d like a young keeper as mentioned about the one at Charlton but I wouldn’t have been unhappy at Hart coming in  

Archived