v Huddersfield Town (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I also was hoping knight would appear for Holmes. Possibly even sub the sub @60 minutes because we needed more creativity.
credit to Danny cowley for his attacking substitutions. It got them their goal. It was bogle’s error but he then tried to blame Waghorn which was a bit poor.

Thought the same, wasn’t just creativity, it was a lack of energy in the middle. Bird is not the dynamo Knight is, no criticism of him, more Knight would have complemented him and Rooney better; with Shinnie we just didn’t have the direct running through from the middle.

50 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't understand the logic that if a message has been communicated in private to an individual and it hasn't been absorbed then the learning gains more weight if it is then broadcast in public.

It clearly means that the message has not either been communicated effectively enough for the recipient to understand it or they plainly have understood it but are unable to action it or just plain ignored it.

Whatever the scenario there is still no need to repeat a private conversation in public. 

Players are very happy to take the plaudits in public, they should be equally happy to take the gentle criticism in public and act on it. None of us know what has gone on in private, or what Cocu has said in private to the player previously. As well as a message has been communicated, the kid has to be receptive to it, if he is not, then time to shake him up a bit.

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

At the end of the day, I think the changes stifled the team today. Both from the start and during the game. A week ago, I commented very positively on Cocu and the tweaks he made for the Swansea game.

So what exactly did he get wrong during the game wrt changes?  Confused, as I thought the subs were the right ones at the right time, given the injuries. 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

I am not sure what Cocu is trying to achieve with Bogle.

Dropping him and then publicly criticising him doesn’t seem like it will help matters.

As much as I am not a fan of Lampard for how he left, his man management of young players and rapport with them certainly made a positive difference.

With max bird?

11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Time will tell. Let's see what happens, but the signs are not good. He didn't seem happy to be benched today and the knock on effect of that was he came on and looked flustered.

I'm not contradicting myself. I'm saying that different players often require a different style of man-management. It is a different point to saying everyone should be treated the same where their mistakes being highlighted are concerned. You can't single out and drop one player for his mistakes when other players are just as guilty.

At the end of the day, I think the changes stifled the team today. Both from the start and during the game. A week ago, I commented very positively on Cocu and the tweaks he made for the Swansea game.

People make out that I have some agenda against Cocu, but I'm actually being as balanced as I can. People just seem unwilling to accept when Cocu gets something wrong.

Hmm

Right result .. Huddersfield on top for the first 15 and the last 15 .. we had a good spell through the bulk of second half but rest of the times evens. Scrappy game

Waggy Played well, so did Lawrence. .. lovely lovely training ground rehearsed super strike.

some great blocks and rescues by Curtis.

Losing Holmes lost us the impetus that might have made the difference

Roos .. one mistake and one great save.

everyone else .. just average like the game.

Ref missed 2 blatant penalties one for us and one for them

Martin ..deserved yellow for bratty unnecessary foul 

hey ho .. not getting into the Bogle sit com scandal garbage. Not interested. Between manager and young player to sort it over a 15 minute chat a cup of tea and then decide the boss is right. 

Right let’s beat those Londoners on Friday ! 

21 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

And our recruitment team gave us Kieron dowell lol 

On the face of it, he could have worked - not in the pace department like. Guess we were desperately let down by the likes of Jozefzoon and Bennett, and Marriotts inconsistent fitness. 

Just have to look at huddersfield today and they have several of the type of player we desperately need going forward. 

Lets just get this straight i could have saved that huddersfield goal and im 61.The angle was that tight he only had a small area between the sticks to aim at,  stand tall and the ball had got to hit the keeper. What did our useless keeper do...sit on his ass  ...

15 minutes ago, RedSox said:

So what exactly did he get wrong during the game wrt changes?  Confused, as I thought the subs were the right ones at the right time, given the injuries. 

Wisdom out, Bogle in, yes. Perfectly logical given Wisdom's injury.

But Shinnie in, Holmes out? Martin out, Marriott in? 

Questionable for me.

Not the best game, but the goal from Lawrence was pure class, would have won if Wisdom stays on the pitch, Bogle needs to improve his defensive side of the game Cocu was 100 percent to call him out, he has been poor for the last few games, needs to put some thought and passion into his game, best players today for me was Lawrence, Bird, Waghorn and Wisdom, Bogle and Roos to blame for there goal. 

41 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I also watched the game in the NE Corner. Pretty much summed it up apart from the stone wall penalty on Martin in the first half. For once, no hint of Martin trying to win it, just plain wrestled to the floor. Peno non decisions even themselves out, they had as many chances as we did. Draw was right result. Frustrating day 

Can't even remember that, even with your reminder (I did warn my concentration isn't all as it should be!)  I will of course check out the highlights when I get chance over the weekend.  Totally agree on the "fair result" and the "frustrating day".  ?

EDIT:

Oh... the wrestling... from a corner?

Yeah, remember now, though my eyes were diverted elsewhere, so didn't see much until CM was already down and claiming.  Those around me seemed convinced it was a fair claim.  So yeah... it seems 1-1 in failed peno claims.  Thanks for the reminder.  ?

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I am not sure what Cocu is trying to achieve with Bogle.

Dropping him and then publicly criticising him doesn’t seem like it will help matters.

As much as I am not a fan of Lampard for how he left, his man management of young players and rapport with them certainly made a positive difference.

Lets be honest you just don't like or rate Cocu though Jourdan....Bogle was rightfully dropped and bringing him on was also a mistake.....has cost us goal after goal but thats ok lets not damage his confidence by actually dropping him

29 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Time will tell. Let's see what happens, but the signs are not good. He didn't seem happy to be benched today and the knock on effect of that was he came on and looked flustered.

I'm not contradicting myself. I'm saying that different players often require a different style of man-management. It is a different point to saying everyone should be treated the same where their mistakes being highlighted are concerned. You can't single out and drop one player for his mistakes when other players are just as guilty.

People make out that I have some agenda against Cocu, but I'm actually being as balanced as I can. People just seem unwilling to accept when Cocu gets something wrong.

Hi Jourdan 

I recognise you often try to be balanced. But not in this case, you’ve completely made up a ghost story. You’ve invented a scenario, which is potentially plausible, but I don’t know Bogle so can’t say, and then carried on this whole topic based only on your assumptions. You’ve not presented one fact. That’s just digging at Cocu. You’ve made something up and been relentless. Bogle comes up and costs us a goal.....but it’s Cocu who’s wrong. 
Have you invented this scenario? Have you based anything on evidence? Do you know Bogle? If this isn’t the case, you seem unwilling to accept you’re wrong. You’ve contradicted yourself and have created a nit picky, biased commentary against Cocu which is neither fair nor rational. 

25 minutes ago, Archied said:

With max bird?

I'm just speaking about Bogle. Even though I think he is handling Bogle poorly, I'm not suggesting that applies to all young players at the club.

Max Bird is evidence of that. He is doing brilliantly. He has deserved to start every game since Charlton at home.

And in fairness, when he was dropped for the Hull game for Huddlestone, I questioned that too, so it's not just Bogle's case I am defending.

I generally think Cocu makes a lot of unnecessary changes that prove to be more disruptive than beneficial, especially for the young players.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

‪Cocu very nearly bailed out by a worldy from Lawrence. Bad team selection and the Shinnie sub was wrong. Bird and Lawrence the only highlights from a very dull performance. 

We couldn’t play out from the back with the defence chosen, so whilst we could defend a cross we couldn’t attack. Leads to a dull as dishwater performance. Then moving Rooney forward for Shinnie gave us the slowest forward line in football... shouldve been Knight on.

Absolutely this.

Todays defence would’ve been more suited to Bristol. Get why he dropped them, to make them think, whatever but it was the wrong way round for the backs given each opponent’s attacking strength’s. Yes spot on the Rooney, Shinnie, Knight call.

Archived