v Huddersfield Town (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‪Cocu very nearly bailed out by a worldy from Lawrence. Bad team selection and the Shinnie sub was wrong. Bird and Lawrence the only highlights from a very dull performance. 

We couldn’t play out from the back with the defence chosen, so whilst we could defend a cross we couldn’t attack. Leads to a dull as dishwater performance. Then moving Rooney forward for Shinnie gave us the slowest forward line in football... shouldve been Knight on.

1 minute ago, DanS1992 said:

On the bright side, I thought Lawrence played well today. After all the stick he has taken (myself been one of the more critical towards him) he deserves some credit for his performance today ?

I thought he was out of the game first half.

Much better second half and very good for 10 mins after he scored. 

11 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

His header was weak but there’s not much more he can do. He can’t control because then he’s pressed hard he can’t leave it otherwise the man gets the cross in. It’s Davies and Roos fault imo Davies for not making a challenge and Roos for doing a Roos. Bogle can’t tackle him because the man will dive and get the pen 

Stop posting on your phone jayden and bloody concentrate on the game

On a day when Fulham, Charlton, Sheff Wed, Boro and Preston all lost at home, it’s a solid point and moves us closer to the top half.

It’s not a missed opportunity as the play offs have never been on for us.

You have to wonder if the changes affected the players, mind you.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

‪Cocu very nearly bailed out by a worldy from Lawrence. Bad team selection and the Shinnie sub was wrong. Bird and Lawrence the only highlights from a very dull performance. 

We couldn’t play out from the back with the defence chosen, so whilst we could defend a cross we couldn’t attack. Leads to a dull as dishwater performance. Then moving Rooney forward for Shinnie gave us the slowest forward line in football... shouldve been Knight on.

This. The shinnie sub was an absolute killer. Totally the wrong decision

Thought a draw was a fair result, huddlesfield are not a bad team.

roos - should not have been beaten on the inside for the goal

wisdom - played well and is in form at the moment but would prefer him at centre back

davies- no issue with him but we look better with wisdom at centre half as he gives me butterflies when on the ball

clarke - steady performance 

forsyth - played well in attack and defence 

Holmes - we missed him when he went off

Rooney- not as influential as normal but tried hard and has that quality

bird- played ok, got caught a couple of times

waghorn- god game and should have scored

lawrence - what a stunning goal

martin- never in it really

subs - bogle, he is out of form and it showed, same can be said of Marriott, shinnnie played well

best player for me was Forsyth and wisdom 

the huddlesfield number 7 looks some player

not the best game but the conditions were awe full lots of heavy wind and rain 

I thought Wisdom was man of the match. He was excellent both defensively and offensively.

I thought Rooney had an absolute stinker. Loose passes, no tempo, and not even the range of passing we've come to expect. Today has shown that he definitely doesn't have the legs to play further forwards. He's been great in the deep lying midfield role, so let's keep him there.

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Problem for Bogle is there's a pattern forming of really big duck ups at important moments.

Both of his entirely avoidable own goals, the pass vs Forest, today's header..

I think he’s quite lazy

Going forward that’s fine, he is talented enough do well out of it most of the time although his final ball is poor because of it

But he is not good enough defensively to get away with not concentrating 

Archived