v Huddersfield Town (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He hasn’t got this wrong.

He hasn’t called out players all season so it isn’t common place. He’s trying to make a point to the player. It’s clear Bogle hasn’t reacted well to being left out the team when his recent performances haven’t warranted staying in the team, he’s come on and been a major part in us conceding. He’s right to call him out but the way he has done it is spot on, highlighting he is a major talent and an important player for the club but needs to work on this aspect of his game to go on and have a great career. He also said Bogle needs to be open to learn and develop which also indicates Bogle maybe thinks he’s big time already and not focussing on his development. 

Bogle can listen to Cocu and make the next step to go on stellar career in the premier league or not and have a mediocre championship career. If he chooses not to listen to the advice of a former captain of Holland and first foreign captain of Barcelona someone who absolutely knows what it takes to succeed at an elite level - then he won’t achieve and we should take the money and move him on. 

Hope Bogle reacts positively as he has serious potential 

Quite interesting I thought that Craig Forsyth was also suggesting that Bogle wasn’t doing his job in the player interview he did after the match. Unusual for a teammate that. Perhaps young Jayden does need a good shake for his own good.

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

As the saying goes, the buck stops with the manager.

At the end of the day, if he wants to have a strong and stable defence, he has to let it develop. You can't repeatedly change it from game to game and expect results. Dropping Bogle is part of a wider Cocu problem. He makes too many changes and it can sometimes be counter-productive.

Our best performance of the season was Stoke at home - with Hamer in goal, Bogle and Forsyth at full back and Clarke and Wisdom at centre back. Is it going to work in the long term? No-one knows. Why? Because before it has had time to grow and develop, Cocu will change something.

Conceding goals might be a problem at the moment, but would you rather us play out boring 0-0s? Cocu seemed to have got the balance correct in recent weeks, only to go a few steps back today. Personally, I'd rather have a consistent team having a go and playing positively and conceding a few goals along the way. 3-2s are more exciting than 0-0s and 1-1s.

No-one is going to be upset if our approach is the right one.

I disagree that I see only negatives in what Cocu does. You are being selective there. Since the turn of the year, I've pointed out plenty of positives about Cocu and his management of the team, despite feeling there are managers with a different approach who could get even more out of this squad.

yes the buck stops with the manager and he's a proven international player and winner as a manager and he decides what is best and has to be trusted.....by questioning everything that he does you are basically saying you don't trust him as he is making soooooooooooo many errors in your opinion ....dropping Bogle is not part of a wider problem....what is wrong is leaving players in who are costing us goals too often...our best performance was Stoke yes you're right and the first half aginst PNE at PP ...but you are changing your argument and basing it on the fact Cocu has to let it develop and grow!! what if it doesn't grow and shrinks and goes backwards?? what ??? just say...its ok don't change it because it will grow.....Cocu knows the players and what they can and can't do and has a great record with young players...my advice to young Bogle and Lowe and any young players at DCFC is quite simple.....listen and learn and you might get better....you might not....but constantly picking players who are costing us just to say they have to grow is non factual and based on what you think might happen....whereas Cocu is reacting to what actually IS happening

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know. If bright kids don't do well at school is it the fault of the teacher?

If the bright kid doesn't pay attention in class, nor do any work at home or school, is it the teachers fault when his grades drop?

3 hours ago, nottingram said:

I think Cocu has been very patient. Up until now he has been pretty clearly first choice but his mistakes are costing us goals and points. That in turn costs jobs. 

His reaction to being dropped is to come on and continue making the same lazy mistakes. He’s a great player but he has to want to put 100% effort in because at the moment he is letting people down. Cocu has every right to be angry and disappointed especially if he has already been clear to Bogle in private what he expects.

Watch the goal again. You’ll see Waghorn running in to the area Bogle heads the ball in to. Getting that header to Waghorn was the best option to keeping the team in possession. But, that wasn’t the correct option. On this occasion the correct option was to head well clear, or out of play - given Bogle doesn’t typically get much distance on his headers, that narrows it down to clearing out of play. An experienced full back would have done this, but Bogle’s an inexperienced 19 year old.  

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Wisdom out, Bogle in, yes. Perfectly logical given Wisdom's injury.

But Shinnie in, Holmes out? Martin out, Marriott in? 

Questionable for me.

Uhhh Holmes was injured, Martin was on a yellow and not getting much change . What’s the problem ?

Just now, jono said:

Uhhh Holmes was injured, Martin was on a yellow and not getting much change . What’s the problem ?

Holmes was injured, but was Shinnie the right change to make? Could someone else have been brought on? Knight, for example?

Martin was taken off, but could someone else have been taken off? Waghorn, for example?

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Holmes was injured, but was Shinnie the right change to make? Could someone else have been brought on? Knight, for example?

Martin was taken off, but could someone else have been taken off? Waghorn, for example?

You’re dodging

Martins blood was up and he had a yellow. Waghorn was one of the better players on the pitch.
Yeah, Knight was a a one of two possibilities. Cocu chose Shinnie, argue about that not the reasons for 2 entirely necessary departures. 

Archived