v Huddersfield Town (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

6 hours ago, jono said:

But you were .. I know you were, you know you were, I claim my fiver and my title role in the new movie.... Sherlock the curse of the Ram 

Is there a decent player out there called Watson ? I’d just love it if we had Holmes and Watson in midfield ?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jono said:

Great post @DavesaRam .. I have almost resigned to mid table this year .. want us to give Man U a game, beat Forest and carry on scoring some goals but I am not downhearted or without ambition. Just pragmatic. The key is what you refer to. Progress

Older expensive cast members have gone,  we now have more than the bones of a healthy new Young team. Sure, Wayne will go but he when he leaves, his legacy  will be having played a large part in the the sound transition of Bird, Knight and others in to quality first team players; rather than a wonder free kick or some great match day performances.  It isn’t the same as losing Mount and Tomori who were single use items that delighted us for a while and moved on. 

we have progressed far more than a league finish in a certain position in a certain year. I don’t think Cocu is a genius but I reckon he knows his stuff, has a plan, is intelligent and mindful. He can a ly work with what he has and so far it has been productive. 

Brilliant post  - Both you and Dave are saying how I see it. Wish I could have said it! ???????

On 15/02/2020 at 19:30, Jourdan said:

Wisdom out, Bogle in, yes. Perfectly logical given Wisdom's injury.

But Shinnie in, Holmes out? Martin out, Marriott in? 

Questionable for me.

Funny how we all see the game differently.  I thought Martin was off the pace and contributed little, so felt replacing him with Marriott was the right call.  Shinnie allowed Rooney to move further forward, which again I thought was a progressive move.  Ok, in hindsight it didn't make the improvement I hoped for, but I fully agreed with the tactical change.  Hey ho.   

15 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Funny how we all see the game differently.  I thought Martin was off the pace and contributed little, so felt replacing him with Marriott was the right call.  Shinnie allowed Rooney to move further forward, which again I thought was a progressive move.  Ok, in hindsight it didn't make the improvement I hoped for, but I fully agreed with the tactical change.  Hey ho.   

Moving Rooney near Martin will never work, they're far too slow. Fine players in their own right, but not as a combination.

I've just watched the equaliser properly for the first time since it was down the wrong end for me, so I couldn't really see how truly awful it was on the day. It is honestly one of the worst goals I've ever seen us concede. Real schoolboy stuff. The Huddersfield player does nothing special, yet Davies and Bogle just watch as he runs straight between them, and as for Roos... I'm afraid his attempt at being a goalkeeper is utterly pathetic.

On a positive note, Roos and Bogle did well with Huddersfield's chance to win the game. It's a great save from Roos and Bogle does really well to get around on the cover and put a bit of pressure on the attacker.

Archived