v Huddersfield Town (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Whilst Bogle continues to make errors, he'll never be above a Championship player. He needs to cut out the amount he makes, but he is still young to be fair to him.

Didn't you say a few days ago he was the best full back in the league? Although he's got loads of potential he's clearly far from that I think you'll concede now.

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

His header was weak but there’s not much more he can do. He can’t control because then he’s pressed hard he can’t leave it otherwise the man gets the cross in. It’s Davies and Roos fault imo Davies for not making a challenge and Roos for doing a Roos. Bogle can’t tackle him because the man will dive and get the pen 

He had plenty of time to pick and choose where to head the ball. No one was anywhere near him.

I reckon at least 80% of Marriott and Waghorn's passes to each other are off target. Marriott hopelessly misses a great opportunity to put Waghorn in a position to create a chance right at the death.

FT 1-1. Probably deserving of that. Another awful refereeing display. A very poor Derby performance though, as soon as Holmes had to go off we lost almost all competent transitional play.

Just now, Patrick Rams said:

Didn't you say a few days ago he was the best full back in the league? Although he's got loads of potential he's clearly far from that I think you'll concede now.

And I stand by it, but he does need to cut out the errors from his game. He's ridiculously talented. But at the age of 19, players make plenty of mistakes.

Strange call to bring on bogle for wisdom 

in my book unless of injury there’s really no need to unsettle the back line 

we weren't chasing the game and tv way wernt exactly troubling us down that side 

more to the point wisdom is just plain and simply better defensively than bogle 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Strange call to bring on bogle for wisdom 

in my book unless of injury there’s really no need to unsettle the back line 

we weren't chasing the game and tv way wernt exactly troubling us down that side 

more to the point wisdom is just plain and simply better defensively than bogle 

Wisdom was injured. He’d sat down on the pitch. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

sounded poo.

Draw fair?

Never mind. Blame the weather?

Huddersfield were the better team but draw was just about right.

Don't think Cocu's substitution when Holmes picked up an injury helped much. We lost the midfielder who will drive with the ball and at least test their midfield/back line, so Cocu replaced him with a defensive midfielder and moved Rooney further up the pitch meaning he wouldn't get as much time on the ball to dictate things. Seems a bit silly when he had Knight on the bench who's about as close a player to Holmes as we've got. 

People are too harsh on Bogle. When running backwards and heading it in the opposite direction it is difficult to get any real power on it. Could have headed it out towards the sideline indeed but I think it's harsh to fault Bogle for that goal. Roos should never let that in.

Archived