Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I couldn't possibly comment!

I couldn't go on Saturday, so was just about to set off for the Netherlands to watch it on a friendly laptop, when I got a phone call from my daughter who had dislocated her knee earlier in the week and then mangled it some more by falling downstairs on Saturday morning. So a quick remap and off to the DRI, hoping vainly to be able to maintain a signal in there. Indeed 'twas in vain! So I read the matchday thread on here as and when I could, It sounds brilliant, but i have no idea about the ref.

So how pathetic, useless and incompetent was he this week?

FTFY

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Not just solely down to transfer fee, his agents fees will give him some value to write down. 

Initial contract, then 2 renewals could give him a value anywhere between £500-900k, depending on version of his  wages you believe.

Some of that may already have been written down obviously.

I'd have thought we'd be more likely to offer Anya a new deal on BJ terms than Martin! ?

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Perhaps your boss would rather a woman did it!

How very modern of you! It’s the 21st century pal, women can be doctors, astronauts, pilots, bin men even bosses now you know!!!

(tongue very firmly in cheek here! I just couldn’t resist ?)

2 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

How very modern of you! It’s the 21st century pal, women can be doctors, astronauts, pilots, bin men even bosses now you know!!!

They can also be pre op men who still have the urge to unload a sack full.

10 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

They can also be pre op men who still have the urge to unload a sack full.

Oh gawd, what have I started here. I feel a right sucker. 

Definitely needs a new contract now for me. He’s looked a good player pretty much since he came back into the first team picture, but his last couple of games especially have shown him returning to his absolute best. And at his best, we all know he’s one of the championships best strikers. His holding up of the ball is so important to the way we play our football, battling away and winning space for the young energetic lads around him. His linkup play with the wide-men and onrushing midfielders is a joy to watch at times, with some brilliant bits of close control and clever lay offs. He’s still got it in him, and his goals and assists tally is starting to look very healthy too. Even scored a pen today - which was always his Achilles heel in the past!

A new deal for Martin is a must now imo - if we can get him to agree a new short term 1 year deal with the option of an extra year that we can trigger if he’s still playing regularly, then that would be ideal - on slightly reduced wages as well, of course.

58 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Definitely needs a new contract now for me. He’s looked a good player pretty much since he came back into the first team picture, but his last couple of games especially have shown him returning to his absolute best. And at his best, we all know he’s one of the championships best strikers. His holding up of the ball is so important to the way we play our football, battling away and winning space for the young energetic lads around him. His linkup play with the wide-men and onrushing midfielders is a joy to watch at times, with some brilliant bits of close control and clever lay offs. He’s still got it in him, and his goals and assists tally is starting to look very healthy too. Even scored a pen today - which was always his Achilles heel in the past!

A new deal for Martin is a must now imo - if we can get him to agree a new short term 1 year deal with the option of an extra year that we can trigger if he’s still playing regularly, then that would be ideal - on slightly reduced wages as well, of course.

Agree with all that. Think it’s important to mention that all indications are that he can’t play every single game, but what a player to have in the squad and fresh. Cocu seems to picking the correct games to use him and it’s working a treat. Do wish people would stop slating it when he’s not playing as there’s usually a reason, whether it’s tactically or medically. 

Archived