Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Archied said:

Really? No your spot on there is no president whatsoever for players playing better under certain managers since time began?,, 

let’s get rid of the managers and coaches , stick Chrissy out every week and we are up

woo hoo job done 

noticing that if you challenge the constant negative posters the replies get dafter and dafter , next you will be telling me I’m not allowing you to have an opinion rather than pointing out the daft ness of the post

Bad night's sleep, Archie?  You seem a little prickly at the mo.  What Sunnyhill said was fair, if he meant that Chris knows what he needs to do when selected and is experienced enough not to need any additional motivation from PC at his age.  Chill.

Between taking that youth out from kick off, and smashing through the lad off the pitch at Pride Park the other week... I think that's the best two things he's done here in about 5 years so probably worth a 5 year contact.

36 minutes ago, Srg said:

Between taking that youth out from kick off, and smashing through the lad off the pitch at Pride Park the other week... I think that's the best two things he's done here in about 5 years so probably worth a 5 year contact.

My favourite of that genre was clipping Wes Morgan’s ankles for absolutely no reason and sending him hurtling to the ground. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

And the small matter of being 'involved in' (I hate that phrase) more goals than anyone else in the squad this season?

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

And the small matter of being 'involved in' (I hate that phrase) more goals than anyone else in the squad this season?

No, just the fact he gives it some bar steward.

3 hours ago, RedSox said:

Bad night's sleep, Archie?  You seem a little prickly at the mo.  What Sunnyhill said was fair, if he meant that Chris knows what he needs to do when selected and is experienced enough not to need any additional motivation from PC at his age.  Chill.

No just a bit of happy clapper bite back , bored of the constant don’t give the manager or club any credit stuff so time to point out some glaringly silly posts

23 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I know it's as reliable as a chocolate tea pot, but......

Don't believe the source whatsoever, but it is what I'm expecting. We've done it with almost all of those who have been earning a decent amount and have come to the end of their contract. Just remains to be seen whether he will be involved or let go for free a la Bradley Johnson.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would we need to do a 'Bradley Johnson' he's not gonna 'cost' us anything FFP-wise?

Didn’t say we would need to. We didn’t need to with Johnson either. It’s Cocu’s decision. 

Stop letting your Martin Glasses get in the way of what’s being said. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Didn’t say we would need to. We didn’t need to with Johnson either. It’s Cocu’s decision. 

Stop letting your Martin Glasses get in the way of what’s being said. 

Stop letting your arseyness get in the way of a genuine question. I wondered why we'd need to give Martin a new contract like BJ got - which was really down to spreading FFP. I take it you have no answer.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Stop letting your arseyness get in the way of a genuine question. I wondered why we'd need to give Martin a new contract like BJ got - which was really down to spreading FFP. I take it you have no answer.

Because of the amortisation. The way we have done contracts for several years. Big earners deals get extended to spread the cost. 

Hard to know when you’re being genuine in any thread that involves the words Chris or Martin. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because of the amortisation. The way we have done contracts for several years. Big earners deals get extended to spread the cost. 

Hard to know when you’re being genuine in any thread that involves the words Chris or Martin. 

To spread the cost of their transfer fee, surely, not to do with wages?

Well you're posting in a thread dedicated to 'Chris' or 'Martin' so there's your clue! ?

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

To spread the cost of their transfer fee, surely, not to do with wages?

Well you're posting in a thread dedicated to 'Chris' or 'Martin' so there's your clue! ?

Then fair enough if that is the case, didn’t realise it was solely down to transfer fee the reason for doing that. 

Wouldn't like us to be paying big wages though. Guess we will never truly know that - although if he has no leverage with us not needing to extend for financial reasons then you’d guess it would be ok. 

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At least @DavesaRam has something to bash the ref with

I couldn't possibly comment!

I couldn't go on Saturday, so was just about to set off for the Netherlands to watch it on a friendly laptop, when I got a phone call from my daughter who had dislocated her knee earlier in the week and then mangled it some more by falling downstairs on Saturday morning. So a quick remap and off to the DRI, hoping vainly to be able to maintain a signal in there. Indeed 'twas in vain! So I read the matchday thread on here as and when I could, It sounds brilliant, but i have no idea about the ref.

So how was he?

11 hours ago, Srg said:

Then fair enough if that is the case, didn’t realise it was solely down to transfer fee the reason for doing that. 

Wouldn't like us to be paying big wages though. Guess we will never truly know that - although if he has no leverage with us not needing to extend for financial reasons then you’d guess it would be ok. 

Not just solely down to transfer fee, his agents fees will give him some value to write down. 

Initial contract, then 2 renewals could give him a value anywhere between £500-900k, depending on version of his  wages you believe.

Some of that may already have been written down obviously.

Archived