Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day this man leaves us will be one of our saddest days. An absolute legend at this football club, The only thing that would top it off is if he reached 100 goals and got us to the premier league. This season, the next or even the season after next, his final wave goodbye should have him the biggest round of applause ever!

24 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

The day this man leaves us will be one of our saddest days. An absolute legend at this football club, The only thing that would top it off is if he reached 100 goals and got us to the premier league. This season, the next or even the season after next, his final wave goodbye should have him the biggest round of applause ever!

Amen brother 

I ducking love him 

Iv said it before, but in the championship there is nothing better than watching a confident and in form Chris Martin

the guy is a joy to watch simple as 

he’s like a championship teddy sherringham 

physical speed of a tortoise after an 8 course banquet and chocolate pudding afters but the speed of thought of usain bolt on steroids 

love him , absolutely love him 

he’s an artist 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Agree with all that. Think it’s important to mention that all indications are that he can’t play every single game, but what a player to have in the squad and fresh. Cocu seems to picking the correct games to use him and it’s working a treat. Do wish people would stop slating it when he’s not playing as there’s usually a reason, whether it’s tactically or medically. 

It definitely Can’t be easy to be playing football regularly with the health issues that he’s reported to have. I struggle with IBS myself, and I don’t think I could walk round a football pitch for 90 mins, let alone put in the shift he does! Can totally understand there will be days that he can’t play - what we need is another option that’s a bit more similar to him. Marriott isn’t that for me, and while I think Waghorn is better up top than people give him credit for, we need him out wide as we haven’t got much other quality out there. Think it’s probably a position to look at in the summer, as we are noticeably weaker when Martin doesn’t play imo.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

It definitely Can’t be easy to be playing football regularly with the health issues that he’s reported to have. I struggle with IBS myself, and I don’t think I could walk round a football pitch for 90 mins, let alone put in the shift he does! Can totally understand there will be days that he can’t play - what we need is another option that’s a bit more similar to him. Marriott isn’t that for me, and while I think Waghorn is better up top than people give him credit for, we need him out wide as we haven’t got much other quality out there. Think it’s probably a position to look at in the summer, as we are noticeably weaker when Martin doesn’t play imo.

I think I’d look to sell Marriott. Someone will pay something decent for him, he just doesn’t fit what we need. Probably use JHI for what he has brought this season. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

I think I’d look to sell Marriott. Someone will pay something decent for him, he just doesn’t fit what we need. Probably use JHI for what he has brought this season. 

I agree, we’d probably recoup most of what we paid for him, and I just can’t see him being a success here long term. That would give us decent enough funds to buy a new option up top.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I agree, we’d probably recoup most of what we paid for him, and I just can’t see him being a success here long term. That would give us decent enough funds to buy a new option up top.

Think you need to find a younger version of Chris Martin to help out, and hopefully JHI can step up because if he can’t, we may need a pacey option too - but could always loan that. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Who knew that playing Chris martin would improve us.....!?!?? 
the guy is a genius. 

Unlike Rooney and many other top strikers that relied on pace and power Martin will never have to adapt his game. He will always get away with playing his natural game. Chris Waddle and Teddy Sheringham are the players I most liken him to. Ageless. 
Glorious exponent of pure technical ability. 

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Think you need to find a younger version of Chris Martin to help out, and hopefully JHI can step up because if he can’t, we may need a pacey option too - but could always loan that. 

Yep, the former has to be the priority - and in terms of the latter, would Hepburn-Murphy maybe be an option as well? Presuming we sign him of course. Haven’t seen much of him personally, but a Villa fan I know rates him highly.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yep, the former has to be the priority - and in terms of the latter, would Hepburn-Murphy maybe be an option as well? Presuming we sign him of course. Haven’t seen much of him personally, but a Villa fan I know rates him highly.

From what I’ve seen of him, he’s not a central striker like JHI is. 

Seems like a no brainer now, to keep Chris Martin for another season. Some fans, including myself, if I am honest, have been unconvinced at times, but it's obvious that CM suits the Cocu style of play. It would it be very difficult to find a like for like replacement.  The player deserves a lot of credit for sticking at it, considering the challenges he has faced in recent seasons. 

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

From what I’ve seen of him, he’s not a central striker like JHI is. 

Interesting, when we signed him I thought he was an out and out striker. I rate JHI as well from what I’ve seen to be fair, think he’s come a long way this season. His all round game looks more accomplished now

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Interesting, when we signed him I thought he was an out and out striker. I rate JHI as well from what I’ve seen to be fair, think he’s come a long way this season. His all round game looks more accomplished now

You’d expect them both to want either first team appearances or loans next year. Rushian Hepburn-Murphy was already at Tranmere having mans football this season and will be 22 before the season starts next year. Similar, Hector-Ingram is 21 at the moment so is in the same sort of position, but not sure he’s even been out on loan before. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

You’d expect them both to want either first team appearances or loans next year. Rushian Hepburn-Murphy was already at Tranmere having mans football this season and will be 22 before the season starts next year. Similar, Hector-Ingram is 21 at the moment so is in the same sort of position, but not sure he’s even been out on loan before. 

Definitely, want to be getting them loans in league one if they’re not gonna be part of the first team squad yet. At that age, they’ve really gotta prove themselves next year or they’ll struggle to make it

Couple of classic wardrobe moments too today.

Did anyone else see him kick the CB off the ball first half?  Well more like trip him up really.

Our best player v Wednesday and MoM today surely a new contract has already been sorted out.

Chris having a renaissance this season has made it for me even ahead of the youngsters and Rooney. Just so happy when I see his name on the team sheet, love how shattered he looks after a sprint,  and still remember that expectation building up in the first game when he came back off the bench. He just fits at Derby

Archived