Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Ellafella said:

To be fair I didn’t say they were clueless. But let’s analyse ways of playing. So you have a tried and proven player, who scores & unlocks defences with his touches and who is an intelligent player and a leader and you say “oh I don’t want to play that way”. . . Can you explain why you wouldn’t want those qualities. . . What system actually doesn’t require speed of thought, deft touches, hold-up play, 2 feet, 360 degree vision? Lampard may be excused because I suspect CM’s illness was impacting when Lampard arrived and he needed to make rapid decisions in a short time {given Lampard’s agenda}; there is a saying which goes, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.  
In short football  is a simple game; don’t complicate it by overthinking and tinkering. 

Never said YOU said clueless but lots do on here? 
there are lots of managers who would not pick Chris Martin ? 
chris Martin needs midfield runners going beyond him and the ball , listen to his interviews and he makes that clear himself, 

play with a more ridged structure with your striker meant to run channels or play on the shoulder then Martin is isolated and is robbed of the best part of his game ,used that way he quickly loses heart can flounce around in a strop , if you are pretending that’s not the case and Martin is a must for any manager in any system then your not really looking to debate with open mind just protect a fav

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Archied said:

Chris Martin needs midfield runners going beyond him and the ball , listen to his interviews and he makes that clear himself, 

FFS! You make it sound like Martin plays some weird esoteric brand of football that is unique to him! If we had wingers and he was playing up top he'd be knocking them in for fun. About the only style of football that Martin can't play is hitting a long ball to be chased at speed ala Vydra. 

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS! You make it sound like Martin plays some weird esoteric brand of football that is unique to him! If we had wingers and he was playing up top he'd be knocking them in for fun. About the only style of football that Martin can't play is hitting a long ball to be chased at speed ala Vydra. 

Only in the same way the Martin obsessive s cry to build a team round him, play to his strengths , why is that ok then ?

martin is a very solid player and I’m very happy to see him back in the reckoning and doing well ,personally if cocu is around then I would look to get Martin on a two year contract now ,

that does not mean that Martin is always first name on team sheet, Martin does not have his weaknesses, does not have his games where he’s as much use as a chocolate fire guard ,

there’s a difference between being a Derby fan and being a Chris Martin fan which some on here openly admit are the latter 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

chris Martin needs midfield runners going beyond him and the ball , listen to his interviews and he makes that clear himself, 

play with a more ridged structure with your striker meant to run channels or play on the shoulder then Martin is isolated and is robbed of the best part of his game ,used that way he quickly loses heart can flounce around in a strop , if you are pretending that’s not the case and Martin is a must for any manager in any system then your not really looking to debate with open mind just protect a fav

Don't think these things are the main issue.

For the Derby managers who rejected Martin I think it is his inability to take part in a high pressing defensive style. He is simply too slow. Lampard preferred Nugent, even though he wasn't scoring. I presume that's why Cocu did not play Martin against Fulham and was the right decision.

Your clearly obsessed - who has ever said 'Martin is a must for any manager'?

26 minutes ago, Archied said:

Only in the same way the Martin obsessive s cry to build a team round him, play to his strengths , why is that ok then ?

martin is a very solid player and I’m very happy to see him back in the reckoning and doing well ,personally if cocu is around then I would look to get Martin on a two year contract now ,

that does not mean that Martin is always first name on team sheet, Martin does not have his weaknesses, does not have his games where he’s as much use as a chocolate fire guard ,

there’s a difference between being a Derby fan and being a Chris Martin fan which some on here openly admit are the latter 

Your observation that both sides of the Martin debate can come across as obsessive is quite correct. However you have regurgitated this argument so many times that you are beginning to sound obsessive yourself. It is also possible to be a Derby fan and a Martin fan at the same time. It has been mentioned that there were morons at the game Sunday still abusing him despite him putting in a MOM performance. Admittedly I'm disappointed when I see his name omitted from the team sheet but only because I enjoy watching his style of play. I won't however sit there all game hoping we lose and abusing whomever takes his place. I'll still want the team to win/ play well regardless of if he's in the team or not. 

18 minutes ago, DRBee said:

For the Derby managers who rejected Martin I think it is his inability to take part in a high pressing defensive style. He is simply too slow. Lampard preferred Nugent, even though he wasn't scoring. I presume that's why Cocu did not play Martin against Fulham and was the right decision.

obsessed or responding to the obsessed ? , follow the thread and answers and it’s quite clear to the unbiased eye , 

he has good points and bad points he’s not the cover all answer to everything

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Although, Frank’s now been forced into playing Giroud who is the Uber Martin and Chelsea have just put in their best performance of the season sooooo…

21 minutes ago, rynny said:

What do you mean by this? 

???  There have been posters who openly said they are more Chris Martin fan than Derby fan ,,fact

perhaps 3 Chris Martin threads is the right route , Chris Martin positive only , Chris Martin negative only ,, Chris Martin balanced

13 minutes ago, Archied said:

???  There have been posters who openly said they are more Chris Martin fan than Derby fan ,,fact

perhaps 3 Chris Martin threads is the right route , Chris Martin positive only , Chris Martin negative only ,, Chris Martin balanced

I must have missed that, which posters, do you mind me asking? 

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

I must have missed that, which posters, do you mind me asking? 

Without trawling through The last couple of years of Chris Martin stuff  I can’t tell you with certainty but I can tell you it’s been said by at least two posters and stood out as pretty bizarre at the time , 

you could say I’m talking rot if that fits or you could be honest and say yep there is and has been that kind of unbalanced view on Martin ,whichever you find easiest or fits your view is ok with me ,, that said the overly negative opinions and posts on Martin are just as bizarre for a player that’s been very good at the club too

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

Without trawling through The last couple of years of Chris Martin stuff  I can’t tell you with certainty but I can tell you it’s been said by at least two posters and stood out as pretty bizarre at the time , 

you could say I’m talking rot if that fits or you could be honest and say yep there is and has been that kind of unbalanced view on Martin ,whichever you find easiest or fits your view is ok with me ,, that said the overly negative opinions and posts on Martin are just as bizarre for a player that’s been very good at the club too

Whatever fits my view? And what is my view?

If I'm honest? Honest about what? That I should take you at your word, without any proof, not even a name, on something that you are not 100% certain about. I think I have read almost every post on the forum, especially on Martin, and like I said, I don't remember anyone making such claims, I know there are a couple of posters that post like that but none that are Martin fans first. 

I have responded to a post on Thursday moaning about Martin not playing against Utd and stated that I would rather have him play 90 mins against Blackburn.

I find it bizarre when people attack others for being positive about players, the club, the manager etc etc. It makes them look negative, it also boosts the positivity of the positive people which leads to more hyperbole. Just look at the thread b4 created about reaching the play offs. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Whatever fits my view? And what is my view?

If I'm honest? Honest about what? That I should take you at your word, without any proof, not even a name, on something that you are not 100% certain about. I think I have read almost every post on the forum, especially on Martin, and like I said, I don't remember anyone making such claims, I know there are a couple of posters that post like that but none that are Martin fans first. 

I have responded to a post on Thursday moaning about Martin not playing against Utd and stated that I would rather have him play 90 mins against Blackburn.

I find it bizarre when people attack others for being positive about players, the club, the manager etc etc. It makes them look negative, it also boosts the positivity of the positive people which leads to more hyperbole. Just look at the thread b4 created about reaching the play offs. 

Have it your own way ,never happened and I’m making it up ?

Archived