Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Just imagine if he had played midweek. We might have been looking at an fa cup 1/4 final...

Please please please mods can we have the raised eyes imogi back ,, there are too many posts where it fits like a glove to keep it on the bench

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Scored 6 goals in the last 2 league games and he has scored 2 and assisted 3. Not a bad effort. Says it all really. We are a much better side with an on form Chris Martin in the team. 

We always have been; it’s just that some managers “don’t get it”. 

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Please please please mods can we have the raised eyes imogi back ,, there are too many posts where it fits like a glove to keep it on the bench

Just another attention seeker who thinks he's funny - best to just ignore

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

No Sibley, No Bird, No Shinnie. And yet Fozzy's there, who had a stinker (according to some posters)

Shinnie did have a better rating than Fozzy, just not better than DaSilva or Clucas. 

Regarding his reported "stinker"; I think looking back he had a noticeably poor start to the game; but was very steady for the rest of it (without pulling up trees) so its easy for people, myself included, to get hung up on the start. 

I do think Bird, Sibley and Bogle (7.6, 7.8, 7.8 respectively) all had better games though personally - there are some elements that effect WhoScored ratings more than others.
The area of Fozzy's game that has spiked the WhoScored rating is his "Key Passes" stat (which are those controversial stats for assisting a goalscoring opportunity that wasn't converted), of which he had 4 - which is impressive, in fairness.

41 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

image.png.b75ad54320c7e4012391c5b966ee47de.png

Imagine a team with Martin and Smith up front ? Absolute poo house supreme

Great to see 2 Rams in there and well deserved. Surprised to see none of the World beaters from Snottingham in there after their imperious climb to the summit . . . Oh . . . ‘Ang on a minute ?

19 minutes ago, rynny said:

Admittedly I have a man crush on our Wardrobe but he is always very articulate when interviewed which gives the impression he may well be a good manager when his playing days are finally up. Very media savvy, reads the game well and his articulate nature should help him get his point across to the team. Sure I've read it elsewhere that he is already a leader and very vocal in the dressing. 

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Admittedly I have a man crush on our Wardrobe but he is always very articulate when interviewed which gives the impression he may well be a good manager when his playing days are finally up. Very media savvy, reads the game well and his articulate nature should help him get his point across to the team. Sure I've read it elsewhere that he is already a leader and very vocal in the dressing. 

Very noticeable from that interview too how furious he still feels over his lost time with us.

Obviously trying to suppress how annoyed he is not to be higher on our all time top-scorer list when Gibson brought it up.

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

He is a brilliant footballer. He has great feet and a 360 degree brain. I pay my money to see CM play. He is a natural leader, not in a demonstrative way but he holds great influence over others through the way he conducts himself. He looks in great condition and you can tell by his whole demeanour right now that he’s in a good place. He’s overcome real challenges over the past couple of seasons but come through them and has now, in my view, etched an indelible mark as a Derby County “hero” and “name”. If we don’t get him signed up for another year, we want “bloody shoot in’. 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Very noticeable from that interview too how furious he still feels over his lost time with us.

Obviously trying to suppress how annoyed he is not to be higher on our all time top-scorer list when Gibson brought it up.

Only 5 players have scored more league goals for Derby since WWII!

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yes, I got that impression. Thankfully I think his fury is reserved for those managers that extradited him and he doesn't hold it against the club for the part we played in him being messed about. He's shown an admirable amount of dignity in that respect.

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

He is a brilliant footballer. He has great feet and a 360 degree brain. I pay my money to see CM play. He is a natural leader, not in a demonstrative way but he holds great influence over others through the way he conducts himself. He looks in great condition and you can tell by his whole demeanour right now that he’s in a good place. He’s overcome real challenges over the past couple of seasons but come through them and has now, in my view, etched an indelible mark as a Derby County “hero” and “name”. If we don’t get him signed up for another year, we want “bloody shoot in’. 

He's only 31, you couldn't blame him if he wanted a 2yr deal (at a reduced price maybe?)...

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's only 31, you couldn't blame him if he wanted a 2yr deal (at a reduced price maybe?)...

Maybe 1 year deal with playing time automatic extension clause. We did that with a few recently, like Curtis.

19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

For some reason, I really like the fact that he says 'Col' when speaking to Gibson. Just a sign of respect.

Well I liked Chris Martin BEFORE it was cool.

All these posts from Johnny come latelys...where were you in the dark old days when we had to fight FOR PAGES AT A TIME about our love for Martin?!? We stuck to our guns why you dined out on false idols like ‘Nuge’ and ‘Matej’.

Excuse me whilst I dine out on this moment.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The type of player who's intelligence and speed of thought means more than the speed he can cover the grass. This means he could well go on for a few years yet unlike a Owen or Lineker who needed that turn of pace to ply their trade.

Archived