Tom Lawrence appreciation thread

Big Trav

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why he remains immune to be subbed off, but I have felt that under Lampard and Rowett... I guess he remains the one player who can do something from nothing. Rooney aside now of course.

He has not improved or learnt a thing since we signed him. It is the frequency of his poor decision making that is highly frustrating. There is talent, but it needs the intelligence...

Decent tonight. Played for the team and didn’t take the glory, great run to win the free kick for Rooney to score the third (great play from Bird btw). Just wish that shot in the first half had gone in. 

Playing like that Tom Lawrence gets in the team every time. He was decent against Luton also. Let’s hope he gets back to Oct and Nov form when he was consistently our best player

Pretty good again tonight. Quiet going forward compared to other players in the side, but he made an impact in his general play in terms of putting the effort in tracking back. That’s what he’s got to focus on doing. He’s much better if he’s not trying to always be the one pulling off miracles up front, and just focuses on working for the team and getting the result like we did today. We perform better as a team as a result when he does. Very mature performance from him today, really helped support Forsyth defensively as well as battling hard to win possession further up the pitch. His decision making was also a lot better and less greedy, just kept play ticking over. 

We don’t always need the spectacular Tom, just games where you do your job like today consistently would be good! Keep it up!

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Did Tom Ince touch the ball last night. 

I think he's been up all night wrapped in his duvet anxiously rocking backward and forward staring wide eyed at the door and window. 

He still jumps out his skin when his missus taps him on the shoulder to tell him she done a final security sweep and there's no way Forsyth can get to him again

Archived