Tom Lawrence appreciation thread

Big Trav

He's been good for his longest spell with us so far. 

I hope he keeps it up, see no reason why he can't carry this form to the seasons end and see where it leaves both us and him.

Credit where it's due, he's winning me round.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick thought on the reasons behind his recent improvement. Personally I'd spread the credit around. Ton first, given his bereavement, then losing his way and being vilified for it. It must have seemed a long road back. Also noted Tom himself mentioning his relationship with Cocu and the way that Cocu has allowed him a freer role.

Wazza on-field has gotta be a help for all of the lads but in terms of our play, Wayne's always available and is also capable of putting the ball where Tom needs it. Clearly Chris Martin falls into that category too as well as Max Bird. 

Lastly, the club itself have gone out of their way to protect Tom and were extremely understanding over his circumstacnes and even the Joinersgate episode. It's been a bit of a perfect storm therefore, but one I'm delighted about. In this kind of form he's such an exciting player to watch.

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Your assumption that it’s Rooney and not cocu and other coaching staff is based on? 

That It didn’t happen sooner ?

The timing coincides  .. after all rooney is also here in a coaching capacity too Isn’t he ? 

56 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope not proven but interested to know the thinking behind it

Personally I'd say Tom has improved since Rooney has been playing, and I reckon the fact that Englands record goal scorer is on the pitch and showing that you have to graft, no matter how good you think you are, and is also constantly talking to and encouraging the others, is bound to have some effect.

38 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Personally I'd say Tom has improved since Rooney has been playing, and I reckon the fact that Englands record goal scorer is on the pitch and showing that you have to graft, no matter how good you think you are, and is also constantly talking to and encouraging the others, is bound to have some effect.

Fair play , I believe it’s probably a mix with Cocu having a big part to play in it ,, even poss that Rooney shows respect for cocus pedigree and management and this encourages the others to follow suite,

course it’s entirely poss that Cocu has treated Tom so decently through his recent turmoil that Tom has big respect and will run through walls for him ,

cocu certainly strikes me as the kind bloke people can respect

On 01/03/2020 at 19:37, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Just a quick thought on the reasons behind his recent improvement. Personally I'd spread the credit around. Ton first, given his bereavement, then losing his way and being vilified for it. It must have seemed a long road back. Also noted Tom himself mentioning his relationship with Cocu and the way that Cocu has allowed him a freer role.

Wazza on-field has gotta be a help for all of the lads but in terms of our play, Wayne's always available and is also capable of putting the ball where Tom needs it. Clearly Chris Martin falls into that category too as well as Max Bird. 

Lastly, the club itself have gone out of their way to protect Tom and were extremely understanding over his circumstacnes and even the Joinersgate episode. It's been a bit of a perfect storm therefore, but one I'm delighted about. In this kind of form he's such an exciting player to watch.

Nailed it with this post for me Schmokes. He looks a different player at the moment. Glad he's showing his potential, would've been such a waste for him to continue the way he was earlier in the season and before when we seemed to be carrying him. Talented lad no doubt, long may it continue, as in his current form he is a massive asset.

• 5 months later...

Archived