Tom Lawrence appreciation thread

Big Trav

Watch the team celebration with him after he scores, i dont think some of the personality traits people level at him are quite right somehow. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Watch the team celebration with him after he scores, i dont think some of the personality traits people level at him are quite right somehow. 

I was thinking this in general, rather than with reference to Tom, myself. Last season we had a a wonderful team spirit unlike anything we had seen for years but this group, despite everything that’s gone on and not hitting the dizzy heights of that group still look to be a close group. 

I obviously have no idea, but I’m going to credit that to Twan’s hugs. 

6 hours ago, Srg said:

I was thinking this in general, rather than with reference to Tom, myself. Last season we had a a wonderful team spirit unlike anything we had seen for years but this group, despite everything that’s gone on and not hitting the dizzy heights of that group still look to be a close group. 

Twan does seem like a good person to have around, maybe the joker next to Cocu's more calmer approach. 

9 hours ago, Srg said:

I dont think team spirit last season was anything special. 

There was the obvious bond between manager and fans but dont think there is ever going to be any major team spirit when the spine of the team is loanees. 

Team spirit under Nigel Clough/Stevie Mac was different level.

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like he was excellent yesterday. Was certainly a brilliantly placed strike for the winner. Let’s hope he keeps it up

If TL can produce performances like that on a regular basis, he will be a stand out championship player, absolutely no doubt. 

Well played today again Tom.

Losing Holmes and Rooney looking bang average today we needed your creativity and the goal was worth the admission fee.Would like to see Lawrence taking our corners again as Wayne’s corners have not been the best and this would put Rooney in the box where he’s good in the air

Be nice to see him taking some free kicks too if he can get the ball off Captain Rooney

Never been a big fan,had higher expectations of him when he joined us and have been annoyed with his inconsistent performances and a lack of them, in many a game felt he went missing for 80 mins of the 90.

However in recent months appears to be more strategical  ,consistent  and has a far better work rate. Throw in the occasional goal and he appears to be becoming the player we thought we were buying.

Great goal today ,should improve his worth a little, just need another ten like that this season Tom. Well done.

Echo others on here, thought he was our best player today. Very quiet first half, but came to life after his wondergoal (what a strike btw!). Again he was doing all the things we’ve wanted from him since he joined - making the right decisions on the ball, and working hard off it. There wasn’t any overplaying and running into dead ends, he really worked hard for the team. Made the right runs, made the right passes and all done with some quality too. He had some excellent touches and runs after his goal particularly. 

Ive been a critic of his, but if he keeps this form up then I think we can finally consider him to be getting close to the top class player at this level that we hoped we’d bought. Keep it up Tom.

Still running into brick walls.  Still giving the ball away.  Still mis-firing shots off target.  Still going missing for chunks of a game...

But the good stuff is showing in more games, for longer periods in each game, and for more consecutive games.  He's getting better, more consistent, and more reliable.

It's a slow process, but he's still progressing towards what many of us hoped for, and expected of him.  He most certainly isn't going backwards, even though he isn't progressing quite as well/fast as I'd hoped.

My enjoyment of seeing his good stuff is not only still there, but is evident more and more often in individual games, and for more and more games.

There's a long way to go, but he's on the right road, heading in the right direction, and the traffic ahead appears to be clear.

Still a thumbs up from me on one hand... the other hand has fingers crossed!

Archived