Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Good luck, and cheerio Mason. Thanks for the wonder flick goal, skinning Ashley Cole and all the hard graft. Time was up though.

My two strongest match day memories are his goal in the cup as a young un and the time he scored and needed help to get his shirt off. 

The flick goal was good and the cross for Tom Lawrence’s only ever header. 

Good move for him and never lived up to his potential, in fact I don't think he ever showed potential either. I think we as a fan base loved the idea of an academy player kicking on but never really showed anything. 

Good luck to him though, a run without injury and if he keeps his head down rather than being a Bamford and he might make a useful player. 

20 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He's been here 9 years. 

Played 65 games.

Scored 4 goals. 

Fair play if he gets 6-8 ?

And I am sure that I read a while back that he never completed a full 90 minute match for Derby??

Remarkable stat if true!

He reminded me of a bull in a China shop and never met my expectations which were quite high based upon his glowing reports in the youth team. 

People may say he did well against Leeds in the play off. I think the whole team did well to win that game. 
He didn’t score enough and he got injured too much. 

3 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Good move for Derby and Bennett. Think he should of gone after the joiners arms fiasco. Hopefully got a little bit of a fee for him.

Slowly getting rid of the majority there that fateful night...Keogh, Malone, Bennett, Huddlestone, Dowell left prematurely etc

Archived