Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I think the comments from most of the Millwall fans quoted above are open minded in that they are prepared to take players like Bennett and Malone and give them a chance; their expectations seem to be a lot more realistic than quite a few Derby fans I could quote! 

Personally think Malone is a decent left back at this level who has found himself a bit unfortunate to be at Derby at a time when we are overloaded in that position. 

Bennett,  I agree, has fitness issues but is still a good impact player. 

I’m just impressed there are Milwall fans who can read and write ?.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just watched the highlights of that Leeds game...and Bennett as well as Malone played a big part in that victory...hitting the post first half..won the vital penalty 2nd half and he was very prominent in the post match celebration.So I'm far better disposed to him than most seem to be on here.So I'm just going to say thanks for the memories Mason and good luck in your future career.

4 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Not the biggest Bennett fan, but he's another forward/wide player that's now out the exit door... surely we've got to be close to bringing in some new ones.

ANNOUNCE KADIOGLU/WILSON/MESSI

Probably the best move for all concerned. He's crossed a line from where there was no coming back according to some of the fanbase. I'd have had no problem with him staying as a different option from the bench though. On the plus side though, does that mean it's freed up some funds to bring back the Wardrobe? ?

On 14/01/2020 at 19:30, Ambitious said:

Bennett strikes me as a player that is always punching up. He's a tireless worker, will leave everything out on the pitch and is actually pretty consistent in his performances. I just don't think he's got the technical ability to play in the Championship, a solid League One player who plays with his heart on his sleeve and will battle away - until he gets injured. 

I'd personally allow him to leave, but wish him all the best. 

Absolutely. The plus for him is that he’s got time on his side; however, he’s a “head down” and grind sort of player. I don’t think he’s got the cognitive apparatus to be anything more than a bit-parter. He had moments of flash but they are fleeting and I suspect his physical make-up isn’t sufficiently robust to endure a long, hard season. Best of luck to him. He suits a no-frills, physical, turgid form of football which Gary excels at serving up. 

2 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Its a good move for the player. We have given him chances but he has never managed a prolonged run in the team.Admittedly injuries have played a big part but Lampard gave him a lot of support.

Yeah good luck to the kid. 

He's made some silly mistakes and said some daft things but didn't we all when we were young (hey what's different now?) 

He is also part of our history as the youngest player to make his debut. 

He was one of our own. 

Just shows how quickly things can change in football. 18 - 24 months ago he was adopted by Frank Lampard as his favourite son & move forward to now & he's completely burnt his bridges and has to earn his living at Millwall

I was there when he made his debut at Middlesbrough aged 15 & like many others, hoped we had a true star of the future.

Alas no, & it's a lesson that our younger players should learn that early promise doesn't always mature into great things ( or you end up at Millwall )

5 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Just shows how quickly things can change in football. 18 - 24 months ago he was adopted by Frank Lampard as his favourite son & move forward to now & he's completely burnt his bridges and has to earn his living at Millwall

I was there when he made his debut at Middlesbrough aged 15 & like many others, hoped we had a true star of the future.

Alas no, & it's a lesson that our younger players should learn that early promise doesn't always mature into great things ( or you end up at Millwall )

Never thought Frank totally sincere on this or he would have taken him with him and we all know Mason Mount is his fav

48 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Fee?

Was there one?

Vaguely remember seeing a fee of £500k being mentioned at the tail end of the season but that is now probably linked to the actual number of appearances which ,with his record of injuries,would reduce it significantly.Here’s hoping he plays 35/40 games plus next season.

Archived