Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bothered in the slightest.

Became evident pretty early on that he had looked good at younger levels purely because of his physique.

Never made any impression when out on loan at lower league clubs so was surprised that he made a few half decent contributions to the Lampard team.

Hope we got a fee but ultimately most important thing is getting another wage bill off the books for someone who has made very little contribution over the last 10 years.

Sounds like they renegotiated so we only get paid based on appearances. Probably be structured like the Huddlestone Spurs deal.

Had the odd moment, that De Bruyne style cross against Reading and Henry-esque flick goal against Wigan, but never consistent or seemingly fit.

Wonder if Millwall made the move for Bennett and Malone based on this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1oJfHIQRNE

Has zero footballing brain. He's just quick & strong, thats it. 

We should have got rid sooner & he's very fortunate to still be playing at this level.

Cheere Gary you've done us a big favour taking our worst two outfield players 

Think that’s the last us or anyone else for that matter will hear of Mason Bennett. Simply not consistently good enough at this level. I fear he will eventually find his level and disappear into the masses of all-rans who just about earn a living in the lower echelons of the EFL. 

On 28/08/2020 at 15:27, GrimsbyRam said:

Slowly getting rid of the majority there that fateful night...Keogh, Malone, Bennett, Huddlestone, Dowell left prematurely etc

On 28/08/2020 at 16:21, DCFC1388 said:

Martin was there as well

And the manager......oh bugger.

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

Perfect move for him as he can get the tube to training and matches...

I bet he does a year or two there then comes back up north to a Barnsley or Mansfield depending how it goes.

I’d put my money on Mansfield at best.

Archived