Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

12 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd sell him for 200k with add ons.

I wouldn't do add ons based on appearances, we would never see the cash.

What add ons would you have?

Court appearances? Driver awareness courses? NVQs?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the snake is playing a crafty.

According to Twitter (yes I know), the deadline for his 500k deal to go through has passed, but a deal may not be dead.

Basically the snake knows we will be desperate to get shot of him and know if they leave it for as long as possible they will probably end up getting him for a couple of hundred grand.

Let's hope one of the newly promoted club from league 1 come in and steel him from under the nose of old Anaconda.

From London News Online:

Millwall’s option to sign Mason Bennett for £500,000 has expired – with the attacker’s stop-start spell at The Den not making the pre-agreed fee a goer.

The 24-year-old signed on loan for the Lions in the January transfer window.

And the two Championship sides agreed a fee for Bennett to become a permanent addition to Gary Rowett’s playing ranks.

But injuries saw the former England U19 international feature in only nine of Millwall’s 17 Championship matches in that period.

He impressed as he scored against Blackburn Rovers and Swansea City but a hamstring problem picked up at QPR in the penultimate fixture ended his season.

The 2020-21 campaign starts on September 12 and once again the fixture schedule is likely to be a challenging one.

Millwall are still in the market to add to their attacking players despite the coup of landing Tottenham frontman Troy Parrott recently on a season-long loan.

Bennett still has 12 months to run on his Pride Park contract.

Rowett, speaking to the South London Press towards the end of July, said: “We know for Mase to have that run of games and stay fit is absolutely crucial, because when he stayed fit and played he’s shown what a difference he has made on the left-hand side.

“To have that pace and power, to have that goal threat, is something that we certainly need for next season.”

1 hour ago, TomSaint said:

Think Bennett’s career will never take off. Just carry on being stop start due to injury. The Poor lad is alrate when he’s had a few games but it’s a rare occasion 

Honestly though you were going to say...

"The Poor lad is alrate when he’s had a few

beers 

1 hour ago, TomSaint said:

Think Bennett’s career will never take off. Just carry on being stop start due to injury. The Poor lad is alrate when he’s had a few games but it’s a rare occasion 

He will have a little renaissance where he plays well for a league 1 team and wins promotion and us Derby fans will bemoan the fact we let him go, a bit like Lionel Ainsworth when he started playing well for Shrewsbury at 42 years old.

That idea of getting players to sign a contract so we can get a nominal fee has now somewhat backfired.

I thought he had some quality but that injuries never allowed to shine through.

Joiners was bad enough but for him to then make the "burn" video shows no contrition.

How much do Millwall want to take him?

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That idea of getting players to sign a contract so we can get a nominal fee has now somewhat backfired.

I thought he had some quality but that injuries never allowed to shine through.

Joiners was bad enough but for him to then make the "burn" video shows no contrition.

How much do Millwall want to take him?

He will go, Rowett is just playing the game and driving the price down, the burn video plays into Rowetts hand because he knows Bennett wont be welcome here.

He must be on about 8k a week, so I'm sure the club will be happy to get rid.

Archived