Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

30 minutes ago, Srg said:

Cocu clearly deemed him surplus to requirements based on what we already had, rightly or wrongly. So you can guess we certainly won't need him next season after a transfer window.

To be fair, Bennett was playing a blinder in his last game for us. He just picked up a fairly serious injury towards the end of the first half and we never saw him again. It might be hasty to say that Cocu deemed him completely surplus to requirements, as he had reintroduced him to the team after the Joiners incident.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To be fair, Bennett was playing a blinder in his last game for us. He just picked up a fairly serious injury towards the end of the first half and we never saw him again. It might be hasty to say that Cocu deemed him completely surplus to requirements, as he had reintroduced him to the team after the Joiners incident.

Seems wild to think he would then loan him to a team who were doing better than us at the time. If he could help them, then surely he would've wanted to keep him?

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Bennett has pace and power, something we lack. He shows flashes of talent and can look a threat. However he is incapable of playing 90 minutes, is always injured and is a thick **** *** so...

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Bennett has pace and power, something we lack. He shows flashes of talent and can look a threat. However he is incapable of playing 90 minutes, is always injured and is a thick **** *** so...

I've always thought he has all the physical and technical attributes to be a very good player

The problem is I'm not sure he's mentally there - His decision making, capacity to read the game around him and general awareness of the right choices seems to be really poor

19 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If fit we need him - he is a better option than jafoozon and Whittaker on the right and can cover Lawrence as well on the left and we may well need someone at centre forward currently! - if he does move on we had better have better cover 

never want to see the ungrateful twit in a Derby shirt again

58 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Seen someone reply to that saying they thought we'd get £1 million for him. 

4 goals in about 65 games and never completed 90 minutes in 8 years cos he's made of Quavers.

I'll drive him there myself for 500k.

After the Joiners, to then do the "burn" video, I say sell him for a bag of Quavers.

It’s important to support players who represent Derby, especially through the tough times and when it’s a homegrown lad. However, while I felt I couldn’t boo any of the players after the drink driving incident, they needed to earn my applause. Bennett went and then made the burn video. I’m personally done with him at the club. Might sound extreme but he needs to leave in this window. Won’t boo him when he returns with Millwall, just won’t care about him as a player.

13 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Seen someone reply to that saying they thought we'd get £1 million for him. 

4 goals in about 65 games and never completed 90 minutes in 8 years cos he's made of Quavers.

I'll drive him there myself for 500k.

I knew it was bad but didn't realise it was that bad. Good Grief.

Archived