Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it’s worth, I like the lad. He has clearly made some (huge) mistakes, but like has previously been said, how many people know someone that has made such judgements? 

I think he has ability, but injuries have not let him flourish as he might have. I met him a few times and he was a nice lad and he has always put the effort in. It is time for him to find a new club, not because I don’t think he could still do a job here, but it must be hard to be constantly reminded of your errors - most can move on and grow from it but he will not get that chance here.

I do see that the toxic nature of our fan base is prevalent on here too. It has always been around, but now people with similar thoughts are easier to find which creates echo chambers. Remember these are people, the vast majority of which try hard in their job. We are lucky that some see it as more than a job. Keogh didn’t think ‘I won’t cut out that cross today’ Roos has not decided to ‘drop a few for fun’. Support your club, support your players. Be kind.

1 minute ago, R@M said:

do see that the toxic nature of our fan base is prevalent on here too. It has always been around, but now people with similar thoughts are easier to find which creates echo chambers. 

Lol! You think Millwall fans will be kind and friendly to Mr Sicknote Bennett? Give them a month or two...

1 hour ago, R@M said:

For what it’s worth, I like the lad. He has clearly made some (huge) mistakes, but like has previously been said, how many people know someone that has made such judgements? 

I think he has ability, but injuries have not let him flourish as he might have. I met him a few times and he was a nice lad and he has always put the effort in. It is time for him to find a new club, not because I don’t think he could still do a job here, but it must be hard to be constantly reminded of your errors - most can move on and grow from it but he will not get that chance here.

I do see that the toxic nature of our fan base is prevalent on here too. It has always been around, but now people with similar thoughts are easier to find which creates echo chambers. Remember these are people, the vast majority of which try hard in their job. We are lucky that some see it as more than a job. Keogh didn’t think ‘I won’t cut out that cross today’ Roos has not decided to ‘drop a few for fun’. Support your club, support your players. Be kind.

Bennett was always more likely to move on after the car incident. A fresh start will make him succeed like Weimann has done. Keep changing managers and tactics and this generally means more players moving out. The key is stable management and bringing the best players in and developing them along with the Academy. It will be interesting to see how Hendrick does at Newcastle United. He was not even a regular when he moved on. Very good player playing to his skills.

2 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Just seen this comment from an optimistic Milwall fan

Good striker provided he stays fit and a good left back malone was excellent last time and would be nice to bring louie sibley in on loan from Derby

I’d like to see Messi here too, maybe when Sibley goes on loan to Millwall we are clearing the way for Messi to arrive ???????‍♂️???

2 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

And this from another

On the right deal, I think it’s great that Millwall will be able to bring on a player that can genuinely change the momentum of a game at this level. Even if can’t play every minute of every game.

And of course, if he does manage to play 40 plus games then we have a £10m plus asset on our hands.

Has he seen Malone play?????

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! You think Millwall fans will be kind and friendly to Mr Sicknote Bennett? Give them a month or two...

I think we already know that he is a sicknote given that he barely played for us (Millwall) last year despite being here for 5 months...... The forums are basically full of posts saying he would be good if he is fit, and people already making jokes about him keeping the physio company. 

He actually improves our side though (when fit), although (bar Jed Wallace) that isn't difficult given how bad our attacking quality is. Last season our best performance away to Nottm Forest was helped by Mason Bennett. Matt Smith up top with Wallace one side and Bennett the other side is decent enough for this league. 

A decent signing if fit, and pretty much the type of signing a club of our size can aim for. A 24/25 year old with unfulfilled potential, same as Jed Wallace/George Saville/Jake Cooper/Ryan Woods when we signed them.

Although I don't think Mason will complete more than 10 games this season or play over 1800 minutes in total, but we need strength in depth given how quickly the fixture list will come, same as Malone's signing is for strength in depth. 

Both signings suits Rowetts plans to play 3-5-2, which I think he will stick with this season as we aren't going to score a massive amount of goals.

We will probably finish in the top 10; which is good for us. Staying up for me will be a success, and given Sheffield Wednesday -12; Wycombe Wanderers, Luton and Barnsley. We should be safe this year; will probably be relegated the following season though. 

I'm expecting Derby to finish in the top 6 this year. 

26 minutes ago, Allovertheplace said:

I think we already know that he is a sicknote given that he barely played for us (Millwall) last year despite being here for 5 months...... The forums are basically full of posts saying he would be good if he is fit, and people already making jokes about him keeping the physio company. 

He actually improves our side though (when fit), although (bar Jed Wallace) that isn't difficult given how bad our attacking quality is. Last season our best performance away to Nottm Forest was helped by Mason Bennett. Matt Smith up top with Wallace one side and Bennett the other side is decent enough for this league. 

A decent signing if fit, and pretty much the type of signing a club of our size can aim for. A 24/25 year old with unfulfilled potential, same as Jed Wallace/George Saville/Jake Cooper/Ryan Woods when we signed them.

Although I don't think Mason will complete more than 10 games this season or play over 1800 minutes in total, but we need strength in depth given how quickly the fixture list will come, same as Malone's signing is for strength in depth. 

Both signings suits Rowetts plans to play 3-5-2, which I think he will stick with this season as we aren't going to score a massive amount of goals.

We will probably finish in the top 10; which is good for us. Staying up for me will be a success, and given Sheffield Wednesday -12; Wycombe Wanderers, Luton and Barnsley. We should be safe this year; will probably be relegated the following season though. 

I'm expecting Derby to finish in the top 6 this year. 

That’s a fair post.

Sat and watched the Forest game rooting for you, as I would any team bar Leeds against Forest. Bennett definitely played his part, I half wondered if it was because he was up against Forest and getting extra stick being a Derby lad. He did look pivotal in a couple of goals and his pace is undoubtedly his asset, he had them on toast a few times that night and it was funny from our perspective to watch.

So long as you’re prepared for his cheese string hamstrings to go any time, it’s a fair addition for you and should help your style of play. Take away those bursts of pace, he will score the odd worldly a season. Malone sounds like a squad filler on the cheap and fair enough, that’s what he will be.

Yeah reckon you’ll be safe easy enough and maybe even surprise above mid table again.

You come across as a refreshingly open minded Wall fan, which is quite a surprise to me, at least you can see what you’re getting here.

I think the comments from most of the Millwall fans quoted above are open minded in that they are prepared to take players like Bennett and Malone and give them a chance; their expectations seem to be a lot more realistic than quite a few Derby fans I could quote! 

Personally think Malone is a decent left back at this level who has found himself a bit unfortunate to be at Derby at a time when we are overloaded in that position. 

Bennett,  I agree, has fitness issues but is still a good impact player. 

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Best for all parties, I'd back him to get 6-8 goals a season (considering his limited game time) in a Rowett team tbf, similar goals to the couple he got for them last season.

He's been here 9 years. 

Played 65 games.

Scored 4 goals. 

Fair play if he gets 6-8 ?

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

2 in 9 during his loan though, 10 a season at that rate. 6 should be easily achievable if they play to his strengths!

At that rate yeah haha.

But that would require him playing 45 games.

And considering he's made of biscuits. I think that's unlikely ?

Archived