v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

11 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Hope every player at DCFC watched Sheff Utd tonight to see how much they work for each other on the pitch, commitment, effort, desire, the will to win, to close down, to press, to gang up on the opposing player, to force an error, to quickly turn the ball from defence into attack, quick and effective decision making, but most importantly to support one another within the team, backing each other up, playing with that unity, passion and drive that wins games of football.

We have Wayne Rooney a team player that wants to win football matches, the question is how many of our players, will keep up with the required effort that he still shows, and that enabled the likes of Sheff Utd to gain promotion from this division.

When I met @therams69 away at Charlton, his boy and ourselves mentioned how effective Sheff Utd are, and how a team of hard working players can go a long way. Here's hoping our players can stay on board with the level of performance required to keep picking up the points in this division and put in the required work needed to currently achieve point(s) away at a current form team that are currently working hard for each other in Boro

C'mon Derby get stuck in, again and again and again, work as a real football team, with Love, Life & Unity.

Up The Rams.

Knight, Sibley and Bird have something of the high intensity Sheff Utd about them (imagine 3 years ago wanting to be like the Blunts!)

Huge game today and could be within 6 points of playoffs if we win today. We suddenly have options all over the park and lots of players could rightfully be in the starting lineup. 4 wins on the row including 2 away wins would have been unthinkable at Xmas.

Our best performance under Lamps was possibly the first half at Boro last season. So much has changed since then, but if we come back with the points today and play well, people are going to start getting excited (and then they'll get even more moany if we drop, but such if life).

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, SKRam said:

I’ve been educated since we introduced the term ‘Bamford’ and indeed ‘Ducking’ on this forum.  My language has improved due to substituting these terms for their actual meaning. It works a treat and I can swear without upsetting anyone, ‘What a Bamford!’ Brilliant! Oxford English Dictionary will I believe add Bamford in due course ?

Me too, I now just type out Bamford rather than having it auto corrected.

22 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Listening to Boro fans on the train moaning about how they've ad to sell all their assets to keep within ffp and Derby are taking the piss and getting away with it,  well at least there not bitter about it ?

If I were Boro fan I would also be pissed off that they blew all there parachute money by picking bad managers. How others choose to survive in FFP world is no concern of theirs if it’s within the rules.

(I think I noticed that Birmingham have sold their ground quite recently. Is the loophole not closed then? Boro could do it now if they want and blow another £60M on some other Carlos Kickaballs).

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If I were Boro fan I would also be pissed off that they blew all there parachute money by picking bad managers. How others choose to survive in FFP world is no concern of theirs if it’s within the rules.

(I think I noticed that Birmingham have sold their ground quite recently. Is the loophole not closed then? Boro could do it now if they want and blow another £60M on some other Carlos Kickaballs).

You could buy the whole of Middlesboro for £60m never mind the ground .

9 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Not really sure it is a loophole.

It's just the sale of an asset.

As long as it is to a third party and a professional valuation is used I dont really see it as a loophole.

Were any of the said Boro fans keen to discuss their club selling its tax losses to a related company? I'm guessing not.

Archived