v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very harsh on Wisdom, extremely disappointed to not see him start he has been very solid  recently which is something that Bogle has never been even when in form, and against Boro its hardly the time for Bogle to play. Brings back horrible memories of the mistake he made against them last season to gift them a goal,  he needs to learn a lot on the defensive side of things to play for me. Lowe is a better attacking outlet at the moment and it is unbalanced to have 2 attacking fullbacks without 2 defensive holders, makes you susceptible to counters big time.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

So, in conclusion, we've played well with him and well without him in the last three games. Which makes the hysteria a little strange, no? People are making out like it's impossible to play well with him in the team. 

His last game was a solid performance in a feelgood win against Premier League opposition, marking our first away win since August (wonder who scored both in our first away win?). 

Because he rarely works hard enough. He loves throwing his arms about and stropping, rarely goes into tackles properly either. It's not impossible for him to play well, or the team to play well with him, but he's good 1/10 games. The other 9 he's a waste of space. His goals against Huddersfield aren't really valuable to make a case for him now in 2020. 

8 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Still think we'll win.

My only gripe is id have probably had started wisdom purely for extra height but im guessing an ex barcelona player knows abit more than me

We've all got an opinion mate...I don't buy into this " we haven't played for Barcelona " etc to have a valid opinion...we are fans and most pubs are full of fans talking about football because we love it ....so don't worry about having an opinion its as valid as the next one 

Just now, cosmic said:

Martin for Marriott would have made more sense, surely?

I thought this as soon as i saw the teamsheet...for holding the ball up ....it really is becoming a joke how many games Marriott is not available for.....

Well - 

wisdom is very unlucky to be replaced - 2 games 2 assists 2 wins 

Lawrence is very lucky to be back in the starting X1 - yes he scored 2 last time out against Middlesbrough which was the last time he did anything 

personally I would have started Huddlestone instead of Bird and as for Marriott we might as well discount him 

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

So, in conclusion, we've played well with him and well without him in the last three games. Which makes the hysteria a little strange, no? People are making out like it's impossible to play well with him in the team. 

His last game was a solid performance in a feelgood win against Premier League opposition, marking our first away win since August (wonder who scored both in the August game?). 

You’ve got it all wrong 

Games he plays well in don’t matter, games he played badly in do. However, this rule depends entirely on which player we are talking about

Its exhausting how many rush in to defend players and start silly back and forwards when someones stating an opinion. You're not going to change people's minds so why start a mini argument. Im all for debates on here but the same ones keep coming up because people can't scroll by and just shrug it off. 

(im well aware that's what I've just failed to do too, but it's like groundhog day sometimes) 

12 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Surely Martin deserves to start instead of Lawrence if we’re judging from the Palace game.

In what position? How are we expecting to line up, 442 or 433? You’re not going to play Martin on the wing, and im not keen on Martin & Waghorn as a 2, need some to make runs, marriotts “injury” probably gets Lawrence back in, which is disappointing as I wanted Lawrence to have to work for it.

Just now, nottingram said:

You’ve got it all wrong 

Games he plays well in don’t matter, games he played badly in do. However, this rule depends entirely on which player we are talking about

How many games has he played well in this season? Because I've lost count of how many he's played badly in. 

13 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

just took my seat in the ground , reading a few posts on here , cant believe the moaning and calling of players already , why dont your reserve your judgement till after the game or even better go shopping instead COYR

Can the Moderators on here please delete all OPINIONS made by all posters on here please?

Archived